AVIC411.com

Buying a F90Bt? Think again!!!

It's not as big as it appears. I just took the pic from an angle to show the knob well. It's the same size as the old one only instead of being 1/8" deep it's more like 5/16". Works awesome for big fingers and feels awesome because of the weight and it's solid stainless.

Thomas:

I love it! You did a nice job. Count me in for one.

I don't know if another GPS unit has been hacked/modified as much as the F series. If not, I'm pretty sure in on the way to it. As an IT guy, I've been tempted to open my F90BT and see what hardware mods (like overclocking it) can be done.

I'm sure as we continue to fiddle with it, people with continue to find more stuff to mod.

Marc

I have a f900 I liked it much better after ver2 upgrade boot up I think is very good. Regarding the knob I sent Pioneer an email within the first week of installation to ask them to consider making a replacement or retrofit knob that made sense, they never replied to my request,very poor public relations. I also think that if the flash drive or chip could be replaced or upgraded with a 2,4 or 8 gb size as maybe AVIC4U was mentioning we would have a gem. The only other draw back now besides the knob is the screen size I would like it to be larger, but I can live with that.