AVIC411.com

ive recentley purchased avic 900bt i got it hardware bypassed but it doesnt work right wen i hit 60 + it says its stricly prohibbted i have tried everything to make it work even tryin to go bak to 1.9 jus wont work any suggeestions on how to do the software update like step by step with a link to download windows for the unit thanks for the hlep also is der anything that i cud be doing wrong ?

• 2 months later...

shane,

you say that you "got it hardware bypassed" so i'm guessing that you did not perform the bypass yourself. are you certain it was done correctly along with the rest of the wiring? also does it give you the warning message only when you reach this certain speed (60+) and does it happen every time you reach this speed?

i had a similar sounding problem with my f900 (with v2.0) when i did the software bypass on it.

it worked great for a few weeks but then it would seem to randomly give the (warning, viewing is prohibited bla bla bla) message at higher speeds or on rough roads. at first i thought it was because i did not set the parking break speed high enough so i raised it from 256.0 to 384.0 (i think). but the problem continued.

since i installed the unit myself, i knew that i had done a rather crappy job of grounding the parking break wire having grounded it to a weak little wire that ran to the dash clock (dont ask...)

So, after pulling the unit back out to re-do the wiring i figured i may as well do the hardware bypass as well. (WAY easier than i thought it would be btw)

Now i have hardware and software bypass and i have solid ground connections.

overkill? perhaps. but it works flawlessly.

so...

#1)if you notice that the message appears at random times = wiring issue.

#2)if you notice that the message appears at the exact same speed every time = you do not have a hardware bypass. you have a software bypass and the speed is set too low. (and who ever did your "hardware" bypass is a liar)

hope that helps.

I dont want to be a dick since your new, but yeah, your posting in the wrong section... this is for HACKS and MODS but you got troubles and problems that need trouble shooting and we have another section dedicated just for that.

If the instructions with pics for free were not clear enough for you then you can get help from ebay, it only cost 24 dollars plus shipping, that might help you too. good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Pion ... ioQ5fVideo