AVIC411.com

Editing data.zip files with a mac. How?

Hey guys,

I searched but didn't have luck finding any info on how to edit files using a mac. I want to do the mod where you edit the preload.ini file to only use item [1] but when I edit the text file and re-zip it, the unit just hangs saying system startup or something like that and never gets to the map. If other members using macs to update data.zip could give me some tips on the tools/apps you use that would be great!

I use VMware Fusion and have an XP machine set up under there.

I just use winrar to explore the data.zip and edit whichever file needed. When I finish it saves to desktop and I just drag it to the right place in the archive.

The trick is not to unzip the data.zip but to work with it as a .zip file.

^^ I see. So if I am using windows I just explore into the file then open it, edit it, and re-zip it? I tried that earlier on a windows machine and it still did not work

Just explore the file, not open it or unzip it. I have noticed however that if I edit a file in the DATA.ZIP the changes wont apply. I have to drag the file to the desktop, edit it, save changes, then drag it back to the DATA.ZIP.

Buy a computer that works with everything....like a PC

First Id like to see a PC that actually works for anything. Dont make stupid comments that dont help anybody. This site is created on a Mac, the site admin is a Mac user, and there are several Mac users on this site so take it somewhere else, this isn't the place.

• 3 weeks later...

everything works just fine using a mac , pity a have to youse vm to run winschit to make poi whit te nagatefeeds programm of pioneer

when i buy the navegate the told me it was compatible with mac ,

al de free download apps are only winschit based on the pioneer website,

if i now that before i did not buy those product !

en still staying using my tomtom how is 100% mac friendly

however i like the navgate 500 because i could integreated 100 % in my 118d beemer into my dasch compartimend i will post some pictures that you see how nice its made !

i am now trieying to let work LeetLauncher v2.0 - LeetCoder white europe maps , still dont get it work seems a problem with the screen format !

and last but not least , i whant to thanks all the persons ho made this forum and al the efords to make things work arround .

Ps: i am not an english speaking person so i am sorry for the lot of mis whriting .

I see crapple macintrash users are out in force... :D

Anyone else notice that the only negative comments in this thread have been by PC users? The mac people do not seem to have anything bad to say about windows computers. Leave your negative comments to yourself, they don't offer anything bennificial to this thread. Yes, I am a mac user but I didn't cringe or post any negitive PC message on the forum when I realized that I needed to run windows on my mac to properly edit these files. To the mac bashers out there....get off your high horse or your inferiority complex or whatever your issue happens to be and play nice!

Check the message from 118d. Mac users aren't all warm and fuzzy :)

True, but I'm not sure if we can even count that. Its barely even comprehendible.

Because Mac users don't know how to use words... It's all icons for them :)