AVIC411.com

AVIC F Series Knob Replacements

Hey, i want to order one for sure.

I just want to check how much exactly you want extra to have a groove machined into it, so i can throw an o-ring around the knob also for some grip. ALso, how long of a wait is it, if i pay today?

Let me know, and ill pay-pal over some loot.

Taylor

I have sooo many people ordering these, I can't believe it. I am making them right now as we speak and should have a bunch finished on Tuesday and Wednesday. So it will only be a few days or so maybe a week. I am mailing them out by US mail.

Thanks for all the interest!!!! I wish I was getting rich doing this but I'm not. Just trying to help out. I love this forum it has really helped me out with my F90BT. It is $17.00 total if you want an o-ring groove and the o-ring. You really don't need it but if that is what you want I can do it.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, this is getting NUTS!!! I thought I would be making 5, maybe 10 of these. Boy was I wrong!!!! I have orders for over 40 of these and I am working as fast as I can on them. I'm trying to start shipping them tommorow for those of you who are waiting. I will post a pick of one with the o-rings when I get a minute. To be honest though, the bigger knob gives you WAY better grip and feel and you really don't need a o-ring. Although the groove might look kind of cool.

Just be warned though, once you snap this knob on to your old one, it is pretty hard to get it off. I wanted to take mine off today just to see how hard it is to remove from the original knob and it's pretty tight. I had to drill holes in the new stainless knob so I could put a punch in the hole and push my old knob out. So it's kind of hard to change after you put the new one on.

To install it you just pull off your old knob and press it into the new one with your fingers. Then simply reinstall the knob on you AVIC.

Working my #@$ off lol

Tom

How does it feel to be one of santa's sweat shop elves trying to get this done and shipped in time to be a stocking stuffer :lol:

Great for you and YOUR ingenuity!!! Count my order in among the many...

Just think, your knob just payed for your head unit (anyone feel free to pervert that any way you want)

Wow! Sorry I mentioned the o-ring 8)

Is there any thing that could minimize the removal issue? Perhaps use a numbered or lettered drill bit? I speculate you need the tight fit because you can't machine in the little flat part?

Actually after playing with it for a while I noticed that the shaft on the radio is a weird size that doesn't equate to anything fractional or metric. It's .098. So to make the whole knob it would have to have a small set screw which would not look very good. The ones I'm making look very factory.

Unless you have a drill press to drill the face of the SS knob you can't really get it off very easily.

Tom

How does it feel to be one of santa's sweat shop elves trying to get this done and shipped in time to be a stocking stuffer :lol:

Great for you and YOUR ingenuity!!! Count my order in among the many...

Just think, your knob just payed for your head unit (anyone feel free to pervert that any way you want)

I actually went home yesterday and told my wife that "my knobs look better than hers" lol

I slept in the shop lastnight next to all of MY knobs...