AVIC411.com

Pioneer finally wants to listen!! Read this.

1. Ipod/CD are not paused when using phone. Some people say that's the way it is supposed to be, but i think it is terrible.

2. Someone above me mentioned the end call box not showing up. Then someone mentioned the middle volume wheel button will end the call. This is not always the case. Sometimes I have to manually end the call on my phone.

3. Maps screen is displayed every time a call is made or received instead of it staying on whatever screen you are on.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Diane,

You are perhaps a "recreational" user of this device and I'm happy for you that you like the products as it is. But the bugs and problems really get annoying when you start using the device more intensively.

nice put down.. I fail to see how one opinion is "better" than another, or one user is more "serious" vs "recreational" isn't it enough that we all just want this to be the best it can be?

I'm out of the thread, g'luck with Pioneer

Its interesting to see how many of these issues..arent issues at all on the D3. Ex:

Bluetooth volume is controlled via the knob on the D3.

All navigation functions are available on the D3 when using the bluetooth phone.

When a call comes in on the D3, the Ipod or CD pauses..then resumes at that exact same spot when the call ends.

9) Safety camera sound

When speeding, music is muted and a ridiculous 'dog-barking' sound is played..

Cross this one out completely as this feature requires a hack to work in the first place. Thats all we need is for Pioneer to disregard this effort completely because they see the problems were having is do to us hacking our units which is exactly what they will say if you indicate that we are hacking our units. Incidentally, if you wont to PM me, I can provide to you a solution to the problem of the barking dog.

Hi Vblue24,

The speedcam functionality is a standard feature in Europe. We even get a free annual subcription to the speedcam update-service via internet.

But I agree with you that if there is a hack, we can just report it, but should not make too much fuzz about it, so that they can concentrate on the real bugs and problems rather for which no hack/mod is available.

Will pm you for the solution.

Thanks for your input!

1) Navigation - Navigation volume

Navigation volume is linked to music volume when playing MP3 via SD-card. --> When listening to music at background volume levels, the navigation volume has to be set very high. When turning up the music volume, navigation instructions play louder with that same factor. (= way too loud and with distorted voice). Moreover if you then switch to radio, the volume sound very loud too, while not being linked to the general volume.

Navigation volume needs to be adjusted too often in one of the sub -sub -sub menu's of the device. But worse, this to me causes a safety hazard. The driver's attention is distracted from traffic each time!

This one is incredibly annoying. I don't care if the navigation voice volume and button press volume is tied to A/V volume (in fact, I would probably prefer that), but THERE'S NO EXCUSE for it not being handled identically regardless of a/v source. The fact that it's handled differently when playing music off the SD card (i.e. it's tied to the volume of the a/v source) than when playing music off the radio (i.e. it's not tied to anything) is ridiculous and, as noted, requires adjustment of the master volume and voice volume depending on a/v source selected. That's ridiculous.

--Mav

It is difficult to press the on screen volume buttons during a bluetooth call. It would be better to adjust the volume with the volume nob.

There are times when I call someone with a screeching Verizon Wireless Ringback Tone(plays music while you wait for the person to answer) and I would like to get to the volume quicker.

Dears,

Needless to repeat the Avic F-series series have quite a few bugs and Pioneer is not really doing too much effort to solve them or at least that the pace at which patches and fixes are brought out is very slow.

After more than 80 mails and 20 phone calls to my dealership and Pioneer's customer service desk, of which the first were very polite and the last a bit less polite unfortunately, FINALLY, I'm having a Pioneer representative over on Dec 22nd of this year at the dealership where I had my Avic F900BT installed early September, to have a look at the bugs and to take note of them.

Just a note aside; What is striking, is that Pioneer acts as if they are not aware of any bugs and the Avic F-series are the best - and perfectly working according to specification - navigation systems and that I'm the first unhappy user that is calling and that all the other users are exquisitely happy. I'm sure the Avic F-series is a device with huge potential, but the fact that Pioneer states it is working perfectly worries me a bit... How much effort do they plan to put in future updates? The device is according to them working just fine anyway.

Anyway, I already have a list of the bugs that bother me, but I think for you fellow Avic-F-series-users out there this would also be a good opportunity to voice the bugs you are experiencing and that I might have missed. If we provide a list, why not make it more or less exhaustive one…?

In that respect, if you can post the bugs you are experiencing in this thread by Thursday evening. I’ll pass them on to the Pioneer representative, hoping that the fact that the list is not generated by just one person but rather a significant part of the Pioneer F-series user-community, they will feel a bit more inclined to solve them. ;-)

So, if you have any bugs you'd like me to report to Pioneer, feel free to post them here, along with an explanation, step by step, on how to reproduce the problems or bugs by Thursday (Dec 18th) evening.

P.S.

1) What do you think of asking pioneer to make to software open-source or at least disclose the hardware specs of the device, so that the user community can work on their version of the software to operate the device (including radio, cd, ...).

2) If anyone of you has a good idea on how to list out the problems in some on-line database or so. Feel free, must admit I'm not very web-programming literate.

Keep me post and I’ll keep you posted also of course!

To be continued...

Please let us know how it goes!

Charles

Gang,

I am waiting for my AVIC 90BT to come in the mail. It is disheatening to hear of all these bugs and I don't even have the unit yet. MASTRCH you have my full support, I am hoping mine comes with the 2.0 software update. I will be reading the thread with great interest. Keep up the good work. Being new to this I hope I am getting the best or close to best and newest version of Pioneer navigation system series. Again, great job, hope this leads to newer upgrade.