AVIC411.com

FM Not working after Updating.

Hey guys. I got a F90BT installed today in my GMC ENVOY XL 2003 BOSE AND ONSTAR.

I got HD radio in there. everything was working fine until I updated to 2.0. then My AM and FM radios inputs only give out static. but When I use HD radio imput, I can hear all the radios fine.

Is this bc the new firmware routes all the radios to the HD input if you have it? or something got messed up?

thanks a lot!

alex

HD radio has a different antenna input. It uses the same antenna on the car, but the installer has to install a splitter so that the antenna can be hooked to both the HD radio module and the AM/FM radio receiver. It is possible that the cable to the AM/FM radio came loose, while the cable to the HD radio is still okay.

Are you sure that FM was really working before the update? Maybe the installer only connected the antenna to the HD radio?

Yeah It was working perfectly. I messed around with it a lot before getting the update.

Oh well, it's not a big deal. Given that I more likely going to use the HD radio Connection. But I'm the kind of guy that likes everything operational you know?

So everybody agrees that it's the antenna? It's just weird, bc like I said it was working fine before the update.

:o(

next to your eject button to its left is a small detent,use a pen and press it down along with the eject button at the same time for 5 seconds.

then release and let your 900 reboot.

After the reboot all your settings are erased so you need to set all your presets ETC.make sure to turn on your ipod as well if you have it connected in your settings menu.

Could this be my problem?

I Just activated MSN Direct. Doesn't seem to connect either. I reseted the unit (soft reset) when it turned back on It sayd MSN DIRECT CONNECTING. but nothing happened.

Could a hard reset help any of this?

Thanks!

Ale

PS: Im sorry and very thankfull to everyone that is helping me. but it is crazy the ammount of issues that i walked out of circuit city with!

Thanks again