AVIC411.com

smashed avic-z3 during shipping, fixible?

Hello avic experts, I'm a n00b here and i really need your help

I have a pioneer avic z3 that i had in my civic mugen si, i took it out, and was planning to put it in my STi

I send the unit to a company to convert the button lighting to red, to match the interior of my new car, it was done

2813772270088587028S500x500Q85.jpg

but this is what i got in the mail

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

GetAttachment2aspx-1.jpg

the whole face is not properly sitting on the unit, the gap is not even, and the frame must be replaced

the question is, is it even worth it to send the unit to pioneer + pay them $70 just to inspect it?

do you guys think it is fixable? any places that might be a better bet to send the unit too?

I didn't test the unit so I don't even know if it is still working :(

thoughts please, and sorry for the pic size

-AJ

I will post updates later, but calling pioneer up for more info, the screen can be fixed, but the whole face plate would be too expensive to fix, if fixable at all because it's not sitting right

damage might also occurred in interior components, so it's not even worth the money to consider fixing it

I called the person who shipped it from the company, and he was shocked, but they didn't get back to me on what they are gonna do, we'll see soon i guess

what are my other options, where is the cheapest good place i can get a new z3, or even f900BT as i might go with that

-AJ

OP, sorry to see that. If they're a legit and honest company you should have no worries.

About the light colors, you can DIY if you have good soldering experience. IIRC, they're very small PLCC2 LED's, and there's 11 of them. A good friend of mine does interior LED conversions, if anyone is interested in getting it done, I can run it by him.

I believe you have a problem! By the company not getting back to you tells me they don't want to do anything. I guarantee, everyone is going to point fingers as to who's the blame. If you didn't have insurance then there's definitely a problem. I would call the company back and ask them was it insured and try to get them to pay for it.Since they mailed it they should have insured it.

OP, sorry to see that. If they're a legit and honest company you should have no worries.

About the light colors, you can DIY if you have good soldering experience. IIRC, they're very small PLCC2 LED's, and there's 11 of them. A good friend of mine does interior LED conversions, if anyone is interested in getting it done, I can run it by him.

They are a legit company, from what I see, they are very reputable

and regarding the LED modding, i don't have any soldering experience, so i wouldn't even try

I believe you have a problem! By the company not getting back to you tells me they don't want to do anything. I guarantee, everyone is going to point fingers as to who's the blame. If you didn't have insurance then there's definitely a problem. I would call the company back and ask them was it insured and try to get them to pay for it.Since they mailed it they should have insured it.

I was paying for the shipping so he should have insured it, anyways, I doubt it was damaged during shipping, and I have my reasons

I know I'm probably going to have a problem, and not really counting on them paying for it, they should, but some people just don't like to stand up and fix the damage they caused, and when that happens from a business, it's even worse

Not saying anything bad about them yet though, we are gonna soon if I will have to

-AJ

I was paying for the shipping so he should have insured it, anyways, I doubt it was damaged during shipping, and I have my reasons

-AJ

Ok, I have a few questions for you.

Why are you coming onto this forum and asking questions when you don't tell us the facts?

What do you want from these fine people on here?

Tells us what you think happened to it and be prepared for what you get in return.

THis sounds very suspicious to me.

It looks like the damage was caused purposefully, in my opinion.

"Just sayin", as they say.

Well if you doubt it was damaged in the shipping, then either you damaged it, or they did....If it was you, then this was a waste of a thread. If it was them, then how reputable can they be if they intentionally damaged your unit, or if it was an accident and they won't man up and do what's right? Seems shady either way.

-AJ

Why are you coming onto this forum and asking questions when you don't tell us the facts?

Tells us what you think happened to it and be prepared for what you get in return.

Well if you doubt it was damaged in the shipping, then either you damaged it, or they did....If it was you, then this was a waste of a thread. If it was them, then how reputable can they be if they intentionally damaged your unit, or if it was an accident and they won't man up and do what's right? Seems shady either way.

I perfectly understand what you are saying, i was just asking for the look of it if it was fixable or not, and if anyone had a problem like that

the reason I'm suspecting it wasn't damaged during shipping is the missing censor cover was not in the box, and if the unit was wrapped in bubble wrap when it was damaged, how was that corner scratched, and where is the censor cover

there is no reason for the guy who did the conversion to damage the unit intentionally, but it might just have while it was in his position

and there is no reason obviously for me to damage the unit, but I'm sure he will argue that too, that's why I'm pretty sure i'm not gonna get anything out of this

The company is Lightwerkz! and they've done tons of work like this before, so when i say reputable, i mean reputable enough, and i hope they deal with this the way they should

also in their site:

**Please pack your lamps extremely carefully. Wrap them with bubble wrap, use packing peanuts, and a large enough box so that the lamps are fully protected and not touching one another or the edges of the box. Shipping carriers toss these boxes around, and damages to headlights that are not properly packaged are becoming too common. We are NOT responsible for any damages due to shipping since we only use the customers original box and packing materials. **

I had the unit wrapped in tons of bubble wrap, and it came here in only 2 layers, so that's going under their responsibility too

ANYHOW:

Thanks for being concerned, but I did not really ask for advice on how to deal with them, i just started this to ask if anyone had a similar crisis and found a way to get the unit fixed

thanks for all the inputs

-AJ

-AJ

I perfectly understand what you are saying, i was just asking for the look of it if it was fixable or not, and if anyone had a problem like that

the reason I'm suspecting it wasn't damaged during shipping is the missing censor cover was not in the box, and if the unit was wrapped in bubble wrap when it was damaged, how was that corner scratched, and where is the censor cover

there is no reason for the guy who did the conversion to damage the unit intentionally, but it might just have while it was in his position

and there is no reason obviously for me to damage the unit, but I'm sure he will argue that too, that's why I'm pretty sure i'm not gonna get anything out of this

The company is Lightwerkz! and they've done tons of work like this before, so when i say reputable, i mean reputable enough, and i hope they deal with this the way they should

also in their site:

**Please pack your lamps extremely carefully. Wrap them with bubble wrap, use packing peanuts, and a large enough box so that the lamps are fully protected and not touching one another or the edges of the box. Shipping carriers toss these boxes around, and damages to headlights that are not properly packaged are becoming too common. We are NOT responsible for any damages due to shipping since we only use the customers original box and packing materials. **

I had the unit wrapped in tons of bubble wrap, and it came here in only 2 layers, so that's going under their responsibility too

ANYHOW:

Thanks for being concerned, but I did not really ask for advice on how to deal with them, i just started this to ask if anyone had a similar crisis and found a way to get the unit fixed

thanks for all the inputs

-AJ

Ok, thats fair you didn't ask for advice on how to deal with them but when a person come on this site for help we try to give total help. Everyone gives a piece of advice that they know or is good at and it all comes to a whole.So when you say you didn't ask for that type of help we don't stop half way we try to give full complete help.

Ok, thats fair you didn't ask for advice on how to deal with them but when a person come on this site for help we try to give total help. Everyone gives a piece of advice that they know or is good at and it all comes to a whole.So when you say you didn't ask for that type of help we don't stop half way we try to give full complete help.

I truly appreciate that, thank you guys :)

I'm just pissed off a little and was acting stupid, I'm really sorry about that

two more days before my vacation starts and I'll try to get this thing over with ASAP

-AJ