AVIC411.com

diffrence between dvds for navi

i just got a avic n2, and im trying to make it so i cn utilize mor eof the navi options while in motion, and play a movie once and a while for the wife, and considering i dont have mulitple moniors there is nothing else for her to watch it on, i belive the unit came with CNDV-50MT 1.1, i was told buying the dvd CNDV-40MT 1.2 will make it so i can do these things, if thats a lie somne please let me know quick b4 i waste money, and if its not does anything else have to be done with it, like grounding the p-brake or somthing like that. also im not to firmilar with all the diff dvds for the navi, could somone break it down for me the ones i dont want to use the best ones to use, yaddy yadyy yah, thnaks in advance.

sean

oh yeah also does anyone know if the solder thing werks i chked the bottom of my deck and there is no small silver sticker but i have a big on that says the model and sn and stuff and there is somthing under that one, again im not to sure, im a cellular tech so im pretty good with my hands, so i went out a bought one of the circuit pens instead o the solder, whenever i can use a alternate to solder i do,
thanks again
The 40 series disks will not work in your unit. You should just stick with your current 50 series disks and do the bypass. If you have an N2, the silver sticker is there so you must be missing it. Make sure you take the mounting cage off because its under there. And don't forget to ground the parking brake wire after you have connected the two pins under the sticker

[quote name="sknapfel"]i just got a avic n2, and im trying to make it so i cn utilize mor eof the navi options while in motion, and play a movie once and a while for the wife, and considering i dont have mulitple moniors there is nothing else for her to watch it on, i belive the unit came with CNDV-50MT 1.1, i was told buying the dvd CNDV-40MT 1.2 will make it so i can do these things, if thats a lie somne please let me know quick b4 i waste money, and if its not does anything else have to be done with it, like grounding the p-brake or somthing like that. also im not to firmilar with all the diff dvds for the navi, could somone break it down for me the ones i dont want to use the best ones to use, yaddy yadyy yah, thnaks in advance.

sean

oh yeah also does anyone know if the solder thing werks i chked the bottom of my deck and there is no small silver sticker but i have a big on that says the model and sn and stuff and there is somthing under that one, again im not to sure, im a cellular tech so im pretty good with my hands, so i went out a bought one of the circuit pens instead o the solder, whenever i can use a alternate to solder i do,
thanks again[/quote]
i wasnt looking under the cage and i peeled back the product lable and there was a similar looking setup under there as well thanks for the responce, so the best setup with the n2 would be to utilize the 50 with the bypass i just finished the bypass works great, alot of roads and things around here arent accurate, is there a upgraded navi disk that would be better without loosing any functionality, thanks again man i do apprecieate your time and answer.

sean
The disks from an N3 will work in your unit and may have better mapping in your area. They won't affect the bypass at all either. The model is CNDV60, probably plenty on ebay

[quote name="Anonymous"]i wasnt looking under the cage and i peeled back the product lable and there was a similar looking setup under there as well thanks for the responce, so the best setup with the n2 would be to utilize the 50 with the bypass i just finished the bypass works great, alot of roads and things around here arent accurate, is there a upgraded navi disk that would be better without loosing any functionality, thanks again man i do apprecieate your time and answer.

sean[/quote]