AVIC411.com

Connection issues... Please Help!!!

I am having a major problem with my AVIC Z2 unit… I’m not sure if anyone here can help me but I guess a shot in the dark is better than no shot at all… I’ve had three Z2’s in my trucks lifetime… The first one I had worked perfectly but it was stolen… The second one I had was a refurbished unit… I took it to my local stereo shop to have it installed and everything was fine at first glance. After a few days I noticed that the C/D eject door will not open all the way… Everything else on that unit worked… My installer installed the two wire bypass and it worked… He soldered the contact on the ground wire so it wouldn’t loosen… Since I couldn’t get the eject door to open all the way, I sent that unit back… Now I have a third Z2… The C/D door opens find, but I am having a major system problem… The system isn’t detecting any GPS signal for navigation… When I checked my connection settings, it displays “Positioning is not possible due to hardware. Please contact your dealer or pioneer service center.†See the connection status for each connection shown below…

Speedpulse : NOK

GPS Antenna : NOK

Phone Connection : NOK

Installation Position : NOK

Parking Brake : On (Wire grounded)

Power Voltage : NOK

Illumination : Off (daytime when checked)

Back Signal : NOK

I’ve checked all of the harnesses and connections three times and can find no issues… Any insight???? Please help, I am desperate…

Wow, well that sucks. If you unplugged a working Avic Z2 from those harnesses and then plugged this one in and you get all those NOK's either there is a massive software failure or hardware failure. Try doing a restore (highest level) reset, appendix A has reset info. I can't remember off hand what you need to do. But it won't hurt anything. Do a full reset and reboot and if it's still giving you all those NOK's then:

The possibilities are:

1. You plugged the harnesses in incorrectly

2. there is a problem with the "other end" of the harnesses (you have a problem with your vehicle and it's wiring)... not too likely.

3. hardware failure in the Avic Z2.

sorry you are having such back luck with your Avic's that sucks.