AVIC411.com

HOW TO FIX REBOOTING PROBLEMS

If your unit reboots continously, or

reboots every few minutes, or

you can't access the navi settings menu,

here is an easy solution:

• Boot into test mode

Navigate to the 'My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/iGo/save' folder

Delete all files in the 'save' folder (there will prob be 4 files and 1 folder)

Navigate to the 'My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/SETUP' folder

Delete all files in the 'SETUP' folder (there will prob be 5 files)

Exit test mode and reboot normally

Problem solved! :)

(you will need to re-enter your settings)

Please post here and let me know if this solves your problem,

- I'm 99.99999% sure this will do the trick.

happy holidays!

infochia

The files that need to be deleted are your user settings files - they are written on the fly when you first start the unit up from what I understand.

When the unit keeps rebooting, it's usually because one of your files is corrupt. When you delete the files, they are re-created (good as new) the next time you boot the unit normally.

I've used this technique *many* times and it's worked every time!

The main reason I've needed to use it: trying to install igo schemes that are not compatible with my unit or the files in the schemes call for files i don't have. I'm sure there are a million ways to corrupt one of the settings files, but since they re-create after being deleted, (and they re-create correctly) I don't think this would hurt anything. It does seems to fix things though! :)

hope this helps,

infochia

ps - please excuse my lack of proper terminology, i know this procedure works, but i'm sure my description leaves people who know what they're doing shuddering. i'm sorry! (and i'm eager to learn....)

I would like to add I am pretty sure this was the cause of my rebooting problems. However in my userdata/setup folder the files that were in there were all garbage looking files. I could not delete or rename them. At first it would not let me even rename the setup directory iteself. but after rebooting into testmode for the 3rd time, i was finally able to rename it, still couldn't delete it, but at least i renamed it. Then i reflashed and everything worked great.

Yup. Completly stationary. I noticed that as it tries to load the Nav I never make it past the press warning OK screen as it is still "booting". Music plays and the phone connects, but the second the "system startup" screen is about to go away it reboots. :(

Next step is to follow this set (http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20119&highlight=testmode) of instructions and attempt to reflash the unit.

Yup. Completly stationary. I noticed that as it tries to load the Nav I never make it past the press warning OK screen as it is still "booting". Music plays and the phone connects, but the second the "system startup" screen is about to go away it reboots. :(

Next step is to follow this set (http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20119&highlight=testmode) of instructions and attempt to reflash the unit.

Did it always do this (out of the box) or did you make modes? If so, which ones?

Deleted all the named files. Unit still rebootinig every 2-3 minutes. I can't even get through one song. :(

Is it rebooting when the phone connects?

Mine rebooted each time the phone connected for a while.

I had to remove the phone from the list. Then re-install it.

You could try with bluetooth off first see if it works.

Just an idea.

i tried the steps listed and all i got was a reset unit. it still resets after 2 mintues and it doesnt matter if i go into the navigation or not. and just like before if i unplug the GPS antenna everything is fine but no navigation. has anyone had my problem and tried the steps in the other thread about re-updating?

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Has anyone figured out anything new?

I tried removing the files, but as the system resets every 8 seconds, it seems like 1 in 100 times it will actually read from the SD card. I'm thinking that I'll have to back up the original, reflash the thing, then delete those files and do the Universal iGo license mod (which i still can't find anything on, BTW).

• 1 year later...