AVIC411.com

iTouch Compatibility Question

I did some searching through this forum and only found 1 post from DanSan that seemed to imply that the iTouch is compatible with the CD-IB100II iPod adapter -- but with the possible exception of the playlist display and the order of how the tunes are played.

I presently have the Z2 (upgraded to Z3) and the new 2nd Gen iTouch. Just wanted to know if anyone has some direct experience with the CD-IB100II in this combination and if so, what are the drawbacks or shortcomings are -- if any?

...Or should I just wait to see if Pioneer comes out with something better?

Just checking before I pull the trigger and possibly waste $50.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I just had a z1 installed along with the CD-IB100II . When I plug it in it shows what is on the Ipod touch gen II, but no sound. I am planning on upgrading with a garrettoomey z3 drive. Does anyone know if this will work? Also I noticed that it does not charge. Thanks

You'll like the great service and ease of installation you'll get from Garret's upgrade -- I just upgraded my Z2 to Z3 with his 60Gb drive a couple of weeks ago and it works great. But I'll be interested to hear if this affects your iPod Touch sound (I have my doubts).

I did notice that another in-home iPod product (Memorex brand) that I have for my wife's iPod mini charges her iPod but it does not charge my iPod Touch. I suspect that Apple changed something in the connector that affects how the charging is performed and is related to the reason that your Touch is not charging with the CD-IB100II.

Bob

I have bought from Garrettoomey before and he is first rate. I will be getting with him next week to upgrade my wife's Z2. As far as my Ipod Touch, I was at the installation shop yesterday getting some other items adjusted and a the adapter was not plugged in fully. It is working now, but charging is not supported, I will just have to keep a charger or find somthing to piggyback it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on this little problem right now, and it seems that you need to pull USB data- to 2.8v and data+ to 2.0v to signal to the ipod touch that it needs to charge. I'm using an old dock with some resistors to solve this problem. If it doesn't charge then, I'll need to pull the firewire pin (if it is indeed charging by firewire which is 12v), regulate it to 5v using a 7805 and put that on the usb power pin instead. I'll make a new thread and let you guys know how it goes...

• 4 weeks later...

It turns out the old dock I had doesn't even include pass through the serial lines... aka the Z1 doesn't even recognize it. This means the easiest thing is just going to be fabbing up a PCB to get everything where it needs to go. The upside of that is that it'll be mass-producible... Like I said I'll start a new thread when I tackle this problem with any form of dedication. Right now I'm content just plugging my ipod touch into my computer every now and then.