AVIC411.com

Navi Problems!!!

Lack of description of the problem overwhelms me haha.

I think the equivalent post would be, I have a problem with my unit, can someone help me fix it?

The answer is no, not without more information.

All I can say is antenna antenna antenna.

The questin is, did it work before now it doesn't? Or has it never worked.

well i had the avic n2 before this and i neva had this problem.. the antenna is on my dash up against the window....in the same place it was for my previous unit. should i move it and if so where do i put it? dogdy connection??? what on the connector am i checking?

The antenna needs to be placed on the small metal plate that came with it or on something metal. See page 23 of the installation manual: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Stati ... al0520.pdf

Try that first, then if it's still not working check the antenna connection on the back of the head unit, Light Grey on page 8 of the installation manual.

You could just stick it to the roof of your car for a temp solution, I personally never had an issue and its in my back window, with the metal plate.

Odds are you live in a very busy city with tall buildings, have a broken antenna, broken rear connector on the back of the unit, or the antenna is nto seated properly. Or a defective unit, pretty much what this is boiling down to. I have never seen so many issues, either user error or those mentioned above.

Nope Ladies and Gents the antenna was not the problem in fact not only did i swap out the antenna but i also put in a brand new unit and still i have the same problems...the only thing i can think of now is that it might be becuz my windshield is tinted. plz if anyone has anymore suggestions plz let me know... this is really becoming a headache to the point where i wish i still had my N2 :evil: