AVIC411.com

Navi Problems!!!

I'd be surprised if it was your tint. I have mine sitting on top of my f700 inside my dash and it works perfectly. If it can go through my hard plastic on my dash, I can't imagine tint would be a problem. But, it seems like you've tried everything else, so you got me. Good luck.

im done people i have ran out of options...i dont know what else to do. ive tried changing my antenna..that didnt work. I swap out for a brand new unit....that didnt work. Now i THOUGHT since i had tint on my windshield so i figured i had to put the antenna outside the car.NOW i just found out that that isnt even the case. im still getting "GPS signal is lost" so im all out of answers. i dont even know where to turn from here.

Nope Ladies and Gents the antenna was not the problem in fact not only did i swap out the antenna but i also put in a brand new unit and still i have the same problems...the only thing i can think of now is that it might be becuz my windshield is tinted. plz if anyone has anymore suggestions plz let me know... this is really becoming a headache to the point where i wish i still had my N2 :evil:

does the antenna work outside the car such as stuck to the roof? you might want to keep it there if it does or untint your glass which i dont see how that would cause the issue but so be it

im done people i have ran out of options...i dont know what else to do. ive tried changing my antenna..that didnt work. I swap out for a brand new unit....that didnt work. Now i THOUGHT since i had tint on my windshield so i figured i had to put the antenna outside the car.NOW i just found out that that isn't even the case. im still getting "GPS signal is lost" so im all out of answers. i don't even know where to turn from here.

Is it possible that you are not giving the HU enough time to acquire the Satellite signals. With my experience I know that it takes several minutes to lock into all the signals successfully. When power is first applied to the unit, it reports that all the satellites are week, and at times not visible, but if you give it enough time, lets say 5 minutes, it miraculously reports that it has acquired all signals with a strong connection.

not that wasnt the solution either i alway let the car run 5 to 10 mins before pulling off cuz i let it warm up but it still says "gps signal lost"!!! i dont understand what it could be and while it seems as if im the only one on here having this problem..its really starting to make me get a different unit one where the nav runs by the cd's .. :oops::(:evil: