AVIC411.com

2000 bmw 528i pac swi ps

I've installed the pioneer avic z2, and so far it's been nothing but headaches, I have it in so far and it looks great and works great. However, trying to get the PAC SWI-PS interface to work with my existing steering wheel controls and I need to locate, according to the PAC website, a white/red/yellow dots wire to tap into. I've tapped into Z2's 12v power source, and I grounded the black wire to a screw against a metal/grounded surface. But the yellow wire has to be connected to the wire mentioned above and I've already tried the one next to the steering wheel, the area right above the clutch, where the OBD port plug is located. Does anyone know where this wire could possibly be? I saw another wire fitting that description connecting to the climate control unit, and I'm guessing that might be it, but before I break more wires, I wanted to confirm this. Does anyone know? suggestions? wiring diagram? Thanks

http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogrammin ... cles&ID=77

White/red/yellow dots wire is the correct one for a BMW (I had a heck of a time finding mine and had to cut away a lot of wrap to be able to dig through the wire bundle - make sure the description matches EXACTLY).

And the location (under steering column) sounds right as well.

All I can think of is to make sure you actually cut the wire and tap into the correct end (you need to tap into the end that goes IN to the steering wheel). Then make sure the other end is insulated.

Oh, and make sure you tapped into the correct power source (switched vs. constant power)...

Good luck!