AVIC411.com

So I just got my 900bt installed.. Everything works great, BUT the ipod hook up. When I plug my ipod in the ipod chord it does not recognize it, wont even read it nothing happens at all?? then I plug a ipod usb chord into the usb chord then my ipod into that it will read it however NO sound comes out. It shows the song is being played but there is no sound??

Anyone have any advice for me?? PLEASE HELP!!

Sorry if i didnt explain that very good, kind of hard to explain...

So I just got my 900bt installed.. Everything works great, BUT the ipod hook up. When I plug my ipod in the ipod chord it does not recognize it, wont even read it nothing happens at all?? then I plug a ipod usb chord into the usb chord then my ipod into that it will read it however NO sound comes out. It shows the song is being played but there is no sound??

Anyone have any advice for me?? PLEASE HELP!!

Sorry if i didnt explain that very good, kind of hard to explain...

You can't use just any iPod USB cable; you specifically need either the Apple or Pioneer iPod interface cable that has BOTH USB and RCA connections and you must plug all four in. After you've done that, go into your settings and set AV/1 to "iPod" instead of Video or Off.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/vgn-e ... 67a8c0RCRD

I understand all that you guys have said, I believe I am using the right cables and they are hooked up correctly.. I think the ipod cable maybe bad because when I plug my ipod in it does NOTHING.. So I tried to go through the USB (as shown in the picture) and it says pioneer on the ipod and everything looks good but NO SOUND what so ever, So im thinking that I have some sort of setting that i'm missing.. Here are some pics of what im talking about..

post-25946-12872756585043_thumb.jpg

post-25946-12872756587777_thumb.jpg

post-25946-12872756591182_thumb.jpg

post-25946-1287275659389_thumb.jpg

Wellp I guess thats where the mess up is, I bought the unit used and the (ipod cable was included) I think the installers should have been able to tell me that it was the wrong one.. wellp thanx for the help, now I can stop worrying about this and start paying around with the fun stuff.. Which Im also going to need help with!!!

Wellp I guess thats where the mess up is, I bought the unit used and the (ipod cable was included) I think the installers should have been able to tell me that it was the wrong one.. wellp thanx for the help, now I can stop worrying about this and start paying around with the fun stuff.. Which Im also going to need help with!!!

The F900 doesn't come with an iPod cable

did you click the link I posted 4 posts up? double check and make sure your cable isnt exactly like that one; if you're still not sure, take a good picture of the entire iPod cable you have and post it

Is there anyway to get the Ipod to work without the CD-IU230V cable?

You don't *need* the official Pioneer cable, the Apple, JVC, or I bet many others will work fine, but you need both the USB AND the Red, White, and Yellow connectors.

It's $30 or less out there, this isn't some $100 custom cable folks.

Diane

yep its the wrong cable

again, the cable you're supposed to have has BOTH a USB connection and three RCA jacks; video, left audio and right audio.

If I look closer at those HUGE pictures, something is wrong, I'm seeing too many cables coming out of the black ipod connector, I see what looks like 4, and that would usually be USB, R, W, and Y, I wonder if the installer just plugged them into the wrong inputs on the back of the unit.

If that were really the wrong ipod cable, we should see a single cable coming out of the ipod connector that just goes to USB, not 4 cables.

The fact ipod control is coming up in the unit says that USB is right, but am I remembering that the Pioneer needs the audio and video to come in on the RCA jacks?

So without actually disassembling everything, I can't agree that the HUGE picture cable is wrong definitively, but someone needs to be sure the inputs in the back are connected correctly.

I have no idea about how it is plugged in the back it was all done at the shop..do you have what it should look like so I can show them at the shop?

What I do know is that there are 3 different chords in my glove box

1) Ipod, which does have 4 different little chords coming from it..

2) I guess for this I will call it a Male USB, just like any other USB you would put in your comp.

3) Again not sure technical name, But a Female USB, where as I would plug my ipod USB into my comp. and as you can see I have the back end of my ipod chord going into that..

post-25946-12872756596402_thumb.jpg

post-25946-12872756598847_thumb.jpg

Well when I say these cables came with I mean, the guy I bought this from had this hooked up in his car and included the cables..

Also again, maybe you can tell me how it is wrongly hooked up by what is going on..

When I plug my ipod into the ipod cable I get ABSOLUTELY nothing..

When I plug my ipod into the usb cable it all looks good, like its going to work

on my ipod it says pioneer, I get full access of it on my avic unit, but NO sound..

Thanks for you help guys, I paid way to much for the guys at the shop to tell me they dont no what to do...

Well when I say these cables came with I mean, the guy I bought this from had this hooked up in his car and included the cables..

Also again, maybe you can tell me how it is wrongly hooked up by what is going on..

When I plug my ipod into the ipod cable I get ABSOLUTELY nothing..

When I plug my ipod into the usb cable it all looks good, like its going to work

on my ipod it says pioneer, I get full access of it on my avic unit, but NO sound..

Thanks for you help guys, I paid way to much for the guys at the shop to tell me they dont no what to do...

ok im sure of it now, you do in fact have the wrong iPod cable and you need to buy the one in the link I posted above or you can buy Apple's cable, they both work the same, but people have posted saying apples is better quality