AVIC411.com

Well when I say these cables came with I mean, the guy I bought this from had this hooked up in his car and included the cables..

Also again, maybe you can tell me how it is wrongly hooked up by what is going on..

When I plug my ipod into the ipod cable I get ABSOLUTELY nothing..

When I plug my ipod into the usb cable it all looks good, like its going to work

on my ipod it says pioneer, I get full access of it on my avic unit, but NO sound..

Thanks for you help guys, I paid way to much for the guys at the shop to tell me they dont no what to do...

I keep looking at the pictures you have, and I see 3 things:

a black ipod connector with 4 big cables coming out of it (makes me think it's right)

a black USB male

a black USB female.

I don't want to see you using the white ipod cable I saw in another picture!!! ;-)

What I haven't heard of you doing it the following:

Plug the black USB male into the black USB female

Plug the ipod into the black ipod connector.

Make sure AV1 is set to ipod

Because you're not supposed to have the USB male and female apart, they're supposed to be together, the female is the one that comes from the back of the Pioneer, and the male is the one that comes from the black ipod connector.

I think the reason it's not working is you have the USB male and female apart, and you keep plugging your white ipod cable into the USB female, and that would let you have ipod control, but no audio, and that makes perfect sense, since the only place the R,W, and Y inputs are active is if you use the black ipod connector.

Diane

Well when I say these cables came with I mean, the guy I bought this from had this hooked up in his car and included the cables..

Also again, maybe you can tell me how it is wrongly hooked up by what is going on..

When I plug my ipod into the ipod cable I get ABSOLUTELY nothing..

When I plug my ipod into the usb cable it all looks good, like its going to work

on my ipod it says pioneer, I get full access of it on my avic unit, but NO sound..

Thanks for you help guys, I paid way to much for the guys at the shop to tell me they dont no what to do...

I keep looking at the pictures you have, and I see 3 things:

a black ipod connector with 4 big cables coming out of it (makes me think it's right)

a black USB male

a black USB female.

I don't want to see you using the white ipod cable I saw in another picture!!! ;-)

What I haven't heard of you doing it the following:

Plug the black USB male into the black USB female

Plug the ipod into the black ipod connector.

Make sure AV1 is set to ipod

Because you're not supposed to have the USB male and female apart, they're supposed to be together, the female is the one that comes from the back of the Pioneer, and the male is the one that comes from the black ipod connector.

I think the reason it's not working is you have the USB male and female apart, and you keep plugging your white ipod cable into the USB female, and that would let you have ipod control, but no audio, and that makes perfect sense, since the only place the R,W, and Y inputs are active is if you use the black ipod connector.

Diane

I never saw any of the iPod cables RCA connectors (RWY) which is why I think its the wrong cable

just want to clarify, when you plug the ipod into the black dock connector, are you making sure to connect the male and female usb ends? the black pioneer ipod cable has 3 connections: one connects to the ipods dock connection, one plugs into the usb for control, and the hidden rca connection sends audio/video into the rear av input of the HU. you should not be using the white cable.

I never saw any of the iPod cables RCA connectors (RWY) which is why I think its the wrong cable

Correct, because they're in back of the unit plugged into the short leads out of the AVIC, and the reason I'm saying that I think it's the right cable is that if you look at the black ipod connector, if it didn't have the RCA's then you'd see it have a small wire out of it, like a normal ipod, not 3+ BIG wires (you have to look closely to see them)

The fact that we've never seen the black USB male and black USB female together (or heard of it) may be the root issue here. Especially when if you have it that way, the symptoms fit perfectly.

Diane

ok wow, thanx for all the help guys, im going to a family party right now and ill have my bro try the things that you mentioned. Hope it works and that I read it all correctly.

So what I got out of it was basically there is a link in the chain missing haha.. if I plug male and female USBs together then my ipod into the normal ipod connector the chin with be complete and should work??

and if it dosnt work, im done messing with it and going to buy new cables..

again thanx for the help, I hope I understand it all..

So what I got out of it was basically there is a link in the chain missing haha.. if I plug male and female USBs together then my ipod into the normal ipod connector the chin with be complete and should work??

sounds like it, if in fact you have the right cable