AVIC411.com

No sound after boot - intermittent

I have a F90BT. All was fine until a few days ago. Now, about 10-20% of the time, when I start the car, after the boot up I have no sound from anything. iPod, XM, Nav, menus...nothing. If I shut the car off and start it back up, most of the time all is well and the sound is back. I've only had the unit for less than a month. Are they that buggy? I have not done any modding other than uplaoding a custom splash screen.

Any ideas? Oh, and like many others I get an occasional reboot for no apparent reason. That's a minor thing. But to have no sound at all until I pull over and restart the car is really bothersome.

Sadly, I have no idea. I have a Dodge Charger that came with a Boston Acoustic speaker package. Merely had the head unit swapped out (installed by a pro).

take it back to your installer

you either have a loose remote amp turn-on wire or your unit is faulty.. without knowing anymore about the issue its hard to say what else might cause it

I have the same problem, I have had the unit for a week or so and it has happened 5 or 6 times.. exactly what you said, no sound until i turn the car off and on then it will work

I also have the Boston Acustic Sound, But with a 300c???

what did u do??

Haven't resolved it yet. I spoke to the company that did my install for me and they think there may be an issue with the Metra wire harness they used. When I find the time, I need to make an appointment with them to get it checked out next week.

Does anybody out there know if I would have better results with a PAC harness? Any suggestions?

this sounds like a lose wire or a defective unit.

What are the conditions when it happens? Is it cold out? It could also be a ground issue with the amp or like someone else said a remote wire not being wired correctly..

always a risk when you output a third party head unit into an oem amp and sound system. I know my stratus had a infinity sound system and that thing never worked quite right, volume too low, poor sound etc. But that was a long time ago.

Your head unit does have to tell the amp to turn on via a wire, if thats lose you will get no sound if the amp doesn't turn on with the unit. so that is most likely cause, if its the unit itself or wiring, or heck maybe even the amp itself in the car is starting to fail?

have to figure that out,

Im thinking it has to do with how loud you leave your speakers on when you leave the car, because if I recall correctly its the times when the speakers are loud when I get in and do not power up all the way, so if I turn them low before I get out, they seem to work, not positive on this just trying to remember how it was every time it does this.

you mentioned using PAC, and that's what was used on mine so, doubt that would be help you out.

I have had to put my car into park turn it off and turn it on sitting at a red light before, not the thing I want to be doing on a daily basis, hahah..

lets figure this out..

I don't think it's a loose wire because when it happens, I can turn the car off and on and get the sound back, without even moving. So it's not like a wire gets jarred back into place to get the sound. I'll have the pro check it out next week. Might just be a bad harness.