AVIC411.com

iPod voice commands for Album selection

I have an 80Gb iPod with many tracks of different artists that have the same album name. When I use the iPod voice commands for Album selection, it seems to work every time if the album name is unique. However, something like "Play the Album X" with the intent of getting the latest Trace Adkins album gets me Def Leppard's album because both artists have an album named "X". (Can't even think of using Play the album Greatest Hits).

Is there a way to string together voice commands for Artist and Album? I've tried many times with no success. Has anybody found a way to get the iPod voice commands for Album selection to work the way I am trying?

Perfect solution, Diane!

This is one of those instances that some people that had a hard on to bash this unit would go off about how lame it is - but your very solution is a very simple and effective way of making it work.

And soooooo much easier than having to click and scroll while driving! The VC of the iPod was probably THE single biggest reason I purchased the F-series, and it works almost flawlessly for me!

Little story: My 8 year old was in the car with me over the weekend, and he wanted to try saying something funny to it like, "Hey, hot mama, why don't you play the artist Bruce Springsteen?" - and it worked! He thought it was hilarious!

Cheers,

Kev

I just ran into this problem with all of my Greatest Hits albums. I went back and re-named each of them something different, like instead of Greatest Hits for Night Ranger, I listed it as Hits In The Night. I did this for all but one greatest hits album, which made that the lone survivor. Now, I can call all of them up with ease. Except for Corey Hart... Everytime I say "play artist Corey Hart" it always comes back with "play all albums". Guess I need to rename his album to something a little more easily understood. :)