AVIC411.com

I had a bunch of music videos on a flash drive to play through my F90BT, but the only one that played was an AVI file. None of the MPEG-4 videos were even recognized.

So, I converted them all to AVI and now it won't even find the USB drive. I formatted it using NTFS. Should I be using FAT for this system?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem reading my flash drive as well.

It is a Sandisk Cruizer 4 gig

I have formatted it to fat32.

When I put it in, system is very slow, and flash drive won't even show, but there is power to it bc the light is on.

As I was writing this, I decided to format the fd again... and to my surprise it was recognized.. I could play music from it, however it is verry slow to load and my system is still sluggish... the last time I tried to play music from it, it the system froze.

Discovered something else as well, couldn't boot to windows ce with the fd in.

Formatted it a couple more times just to make sure it is formatted properly. Put the music on again and it doesn't work at all now.

I was looking at using the flash for storage. I had been thinking about buying a high speed 64gig flash drive... now I don't know if it will even work.

Is it a problem with my cruizer or is there a problem with the system?

I am thinking about re routing the cable just in case there is some interference along the cable.

What a pain.

It is unlikely that the usb drive is limited to 2 gig as people are connecting their 160 gb ipods through the usb cable.

As for the SD card, there is a post from someone where a service representative confirmed that a 32 gb card is compatible. Apparently, the manual is inaccurate as only 8 gb cards were available at the time.

I use a 16gb card.

On a further note, When I boot to windows CE, then install my flash drive, it recognizes it fine and pulls up a directory.

USB drives fsr bigger than 2GB are supported (technically). Pioneer just won't deal with issues you might have with bigger drives...

Ding Ding we have a winner... This is proof positive that you canot always trust EVERYTHING that is written in the manuals.

I have a 32GB Corsair Flash Voyager and it works fine. Its a PITA to navigate to the item I want, but it works without issue.