AVIC411.com

Ipod Album Artwork..

I have only had my F900 for a week or so now and I have noticed the album artwork from my ipod when small is OK at best and when I maximize it, it is horrible.. it is very distorted and I can barely make out the picture. How could I fix this..

And I have tried to search but gave up after a while of looking..

Thank you in advance

Be sure to download quality pictures of the album art. Low / poor resolution will give bad results. If it looks bad on your PC it is going to look bad on the screen output when enlarged. I do not use iTunes for the art. I search the web for the album cover and save to my picture file. Then I manually input the pictures using a right click on the selected song / title using "get info" to add the art and then repeat until all songs have the same cover for the album. Once you start the process where is an option to go to the next song and add the cover again until all are done.

So far it has worked great. I am using an iPod Classic so not sure how this would work out with other versions but assuming it would be the same process.

That's weird because I have what I think are great pics for album artwork, I have gone through and googled most of the pics and they look good on my comp.. and Ive tried it on my old ipod nano and a new ipod touch, same outcome..

I will try it again thank you for your help!

That's weird because I have what I think are great pics for album artwork, I have gone through and googled most of the pics and they look good on my comp.. and Ive tried it on my old ipod nano and a new ipod touch, same outcome..

I will try it again thank you for your help!

That is odd, hope this works for you. I do get a bad pic every so often but can see it easily when I bring it up in full screen while in iTunes.

Good luck with it and wish I had more options to offer

I think a lot of people are confsued what were discussing here, push on the art work picture when displaying the ipod source. It looks great small, as a thumbnail, but when you go to enlarge it as stated above, it comes up in a very magnified distored mess.

When you do push on it, it enlarges to overlay/coverup the time played and artist/song/album information. this i the only time its blurry like this, which says the unit samples it at a certain resolution, then when enlarged instad of resizing it to fill the screen at high resolution it simply zooms in at the same resolution, making a nasty distorted picutre, sort of like zooming in to a very low resolution gif.

Hope this is info is helpful.

This comment is based on what I've seen here and other forums, and has no implied voice of authority at all.

It seems like the iPhones and the iPod touch are more likely to exhibit this, and the older classics less likely.

My suspicion is that *all* units can have poor quality artwork that you don't notice in thumbnail, and that lousy artwork will always look bad expanded.

However the way iphones and ipod touch units handle artwork means that they tend to output a bad version of good art more often.

As opposed to the older classics (and much older) that when they have good artwork, then pass good artwork..

What's everyone think of this?

Diane

Sounds reasonable, Diane. All I know is that with my Classic, my artwork is flawless, whether it's the thumbnail or the larger view. More than likely, I would think this may be a case of garbage in/garbage out. Unless of course the touches and phones are trashing the graphics.

When you say Classic Ipod what are your refearing to, 1st gen Ipods, or what? Because I have tried,

Old 2gb Ipod Nano..

1st gen ipod touch..

1st gen iphone..

Brand new Iphone 3g..

Brand new ipod touch..

and the art work is crappy with all of them.

So I was just wondering what "classic meant" how old do I have to go?