AVIC411.com

Avic n2 bypass solder or circuit pen? Pics of board anyone?

If you are not careful and/or solder sloppily, you will fry the main board and will have to pay to have it repaired

[quote name="kramericafsu"]First off thank you all for putting so much great info out there about the Avic I love mine. I really want to bypass the lockout. What are the pros and cons of the solder method vs. the circuit pen? Also does anyone have any pics of the finished product (the solder job that is)?

Thanks[/quote]
I did the pen thing. I have not had any problems and it is holding up great. I like this method better because it is easier and you have less chance of skrewing somthing up and you can clean it up if you do. Ok I went out took a pic of the finished product. Hope this helps.
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/xecutioner1/N2bypasspics.jpg[/img]
  • 2 months later...
what happens if u soder it and it hits the white or silver part. ? i tried sodering it and had to clean it up some but digged a little in to the board. everything still works but seems like its working like its factory meant for it to work. in other words the bypass didn't work. anyone please help.