AVIC411.com

ALERT: Pioneer AVIC-Z2 STOLEN 12/09/08 S/N ghpg019418uc

Sorry for posting so late, but I just found out about this website, and a pretty nifty one at that!!!!!

////////////////////

Tuesday night 12/09/08, someone broke into 15+ cars in my apartment complex in Irving Texas, and they broke into my PRISTINE VW MKV R32. They tore apart my dash and stole my in-dash Pioneer AVIC-Z2 NAV/SAT Radio, serial #ghpg019418uc. If they try to sell this here on here or E-Bay or anywhere else, please imediately call the Irving (Texas) Police Dept at 972-721-7803 (or 7804) and state this was for case #08 34638

Thank you!

BEFORE:

P2060086.jpg

AFTER:

IMG00013-20081210-0817.jpg

IMG00017-20081210-0818.jpg

I have posted this on E-Bay (what good that might do???), AVS Forums, VW Vortex forums, and Craigs List. Also at a website called www.swiftreport.net as well.

A few days later after my theft, an Irving Detective called me for more info. He told me that in the 3 days surrounding my break-in, a total of THRIRTY CARS were hit in the general area!!!!!! And on 12/27/08 a lady replied back to me on AVS Forums stating that her husband's Civic was pretty much trashed for the same NAV as I had, and they had did the same damage as they did to mine = again in the same area! So most likely, the total may be well over 50 by now, and still climbing :( And as I just got a new Z3 installed today, I am sitting here counting the hours . . . . . . and the body shop isn't even done with repairing this one yet :x

I wonder - any of you familiar with VW's? Have you seen the new RNS-510 OEM NAV that is now out on the 2009 model cars? It is very nice indeed! So I am wondering if a factory NAV would be less likely to be a target? I TRIED to get my insurance agent to substitute the new RNS-510 instead of replacing my Z2, but they would not do it. Well, if this one gets stolen again, I think I will twist their arm for the OEM NAV. ARGH!!!!!

So far the total has been over $4000 for the body work, and $3500 for the electronics, ugh!

And yes, I only have the factory alarm (worthless is seems). And hell yes I would like a better alarm! But, I have been out of a job since June, and cannot afford any expenses right now, sadly :(

F#@k that makes me mad and it is not my car! The worst part about it is that they will sell it for only like $300 and your out $8000. Sell the avic and go factory!!

As the new VW OEM RNS-510 is light years ahead of the older NAV, I was really hot to get it. But my insurance adjuster would not go for it. So in went the Z3, and the clock is ticking again :(

F#@k that makes me mad and it is not my car! The worst part about it is that they will sell it for only like $300 and your out $8000. Sell the avic and go factory!!

As the new VW OEM RNS-510 is light years ahead of the older NAV, I was really hot to get it. But my insurance adjuster would not go for it. So in went the Z3, and the clock is ticking again :(

if you want cheap security some people on the forums have been making fake faceplates out of radios from the junk yard or even there old radio. Thus making it look like you have a factory deck.

No garage here in this apartment complex :(

Only had the factory alarm, which is better than nothing, but just barely.

The sad SHAME of this all - my car was broken into 6 months ago to steal my Valentine 1 - my bad for leaving it on the windshield, don't do that any more! But the real sad same is this - I had my NAV AND my Valentine 1 for years back in SoCal, where there are tons of gangs and theives! I never hid the V1, and of course the NAV was in plain sight. Yet in ALL THOSE YEARS back in SoCal, not one problem ever! Not even here in Texas a year, and bam! Grrrrrr!

Those Fuc$#!g bastards, that makes me sick. The sad thing is, if you would have caught them and blown their stupid heads off you would be going to prison. Its a damned same. Good luck in the future.

Actually, we are in TEXAS, and we CAN blown their Fuc$!g heads off WHILE stealing our stuff, and NOT go to prison :)

Those Fuc$#!g bastards, that makes me sick. The sad thing is, if you would have caught them and blown their stupid heads off you would be going to prison. Its a damned same. Good luck in the future.

Actually, we are in TEXAS, and we CAN blown their Fuc$!g heads off WHILE stealing our stuff, and NOT go to prison :)

Guess I am still too used to being in SoCal? Because there was some guy back there some years ago. He was coming back out of a store and saw some jerk had popped open the hood of his car and was stealing something. He ran over to his car and SLAMMED the hood down on the theif!!! But guess what? The theif sued him for bodily harm and WON!

But it is sad to say, that now I try to park my car near my bedroom window, which means it is now out in the open elements, and not under the car port which I pay extra a month for an assigned spot (in case of hail damage). Soon as I finally get a new job, an alarm WILL be installed imediately. But until then, I am worried about my car now, every night!!!!!

I have requested the apartment complex install security cameras around the property, and even put up posters so that others would ask as well (power in numbers), but the management seem to be dragging their feet. Yes, I am sure an alarm system may help - but we also all know that if they want it bad enough, they will still grab it. So having a security camera to take snapshot of WHO is doing this, would be much better? Perhaps I should hide a camera with a motion sensor in the carport above my car in the meantime? How could I go about that?

Yea, I forgot about that guy that shot-gunned those two thugs for stealing from his neighbor's house. The one that told the police dispatcher that if they didn't hurry up he was going to take care of it himself, and he did. I thought for sure he was going to prison. I should have known though, I use to live in Arlington.