AVIC411.com

F Series Blue Tooth Phones That Work or Don't Work

I'm starting this thread cause there seems to be an awefull lot of phones that do not work properly with the F Series. Mine specifically is a Verizon Treo 700WX, the blue tooth is intermitant at best, sometimes it doesn't recognize the phone at all, even when I manually try to reconnect it comes up no phones are near. My system came already from the manufaturer upgraded with 2.0.

If you have a phone that works or doesn't work, please post the carrier, the phone model, and whether it works perfectly, works intermitantly, or doesnt work at all, also note wheterh you are upgraded to 2.0 or not.

This is not a thread for answers on correcting the problem, but merely to identify those phones that work and don't work.

Thanks,

Don

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BlackBerry 8800 (AT&T) and Motorola Razr V3C (Verizon) both work great. Although, I was careful with firmware updates on the Razr to maintain BT OBEX support; if you weren't as cautious, you may have problems since Verizon removed OBEX supports in one of the intermediary firmware updates; the key was to skip the one that removed it.

--Mav

I think there should be a disclaimer that says don't blame your phone or the unit if your not able to read, follow directions or know how to troubleshoot.

Iphone 3g, works fine, except very low voice pickup on the bluetooth mic.

My 3G works fine as well (I have an F90), but the voice dial is a bit iffy. I can't say "Call [insert name here]." I can only voice dial by using the actual phone number, i.e. "Call 555-555-1342." Something I'm missing?

I think there should be a disclaimer that says don't blame your phone or the unit if your not able to read, follow directions or know how to troubleshoot.

Iphone 3g, works fine, except very low voice pickup on the bluetooth mic.

My 3G works fine as well (I have an F90), but the voice dial is a bit iffy. I can't say "Call [insert name here]." I can only voice dial by using the actual phone number, i.e. "Call 555-555-1342." Something I'm missing?

Did you transfer the contacts, and under the contacts menu, do you say exactly what is listed? Example if it says mom and there are 3 numbers, mobile, home work. YOu need to say call, mom, work.

On the other hand if its John smith, and tis listed as smith, john, you need to say that.

first name last name can be reversed wit the iphone based on the contact sort settings, you have to set this before you transfer.

Also if you add or modify those contacts in your phone, you have to retransfer them from scratch, they don't update via the phone on its own.

Did you transfer the contacts, and under the contacts menu, do you say exactly what is listed? Example if it says mom and there are 3 numbers, mobile, home work. YOu need to say call, mom, work.

On the other hand if its John smith, and tis listed as smith, john, you need to say that.

first name last name can be reversed wit the iphone based on the contact sort settings, you have to set this before you transfer.

Also if you add or modify those contacts in your phone, you have to retransfer them from scratch, they don't update via the phone on its own.

Yeah, I did all that. The contacts are all there, and I can dial them through the contacts menu. But when I try to use voice dial to call a contact, all the voice on the other end ever says is something about not being able to find any recent calls. If I just voice dial a number, it works fine, so it's not a problem with the mic or anything. It's just sort of weird.