AVIC411.com

F Series Blue Tooth Phones That Work or Don't Work

On a related note, for those with iPhones, when you receive a call does the AVIC tell you which contact it's from or just show you the incoming number? All I get is the incoming number, even if it is associated with a contact.

This is dependant on if you use the phone to call via out using the handset to make the call directly but its still linked via bluetooth, get an incoming call, say the number via voice recognition or say the contact via voice recognition.

I've even see it where it will say the previously dailed number on the current call.

I have seen it say just the number, name if its called out via voice contacts, incoming call tends to just say the number, not the name even if its in the system.

I woulud have to take notes to see exactly waht it does for each method but i've never found the pattern.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Verizon Blackberry 8830 and F-700BT with 2.0 installed.

Works fine at times. Sometimes after a call, I end it with the end button on the phone. The head unit doesn't disconnect and acts like the call is still active. The screen freezes and only the volume knob works. The only way to get out of this is to turn off the ignition to turn the radio off, then back on.

I have the same issue so it appears this is a system glitch and common with most phones. I make sure to end the call myself. Doing that releases the system back to normal in a couple of seconds. If the party on the other end hangs up first I get the system freeze and wait for about a minute for things to return to normal. Really a pain. Hopefully Pioneer is aware and taking steps to solve the problem :roll:

As far as everything else is concerned I get flawless perfromance as I stated in my earlier post with the ENV. Wife has a Kenwood system in her car and the F90 does a much better job IMO with bluetooth.

Motorola Z9, with an AVIC-F700BT, on AT&T.

All functions work well, EXCEPT transferring the phone book from the phone to the unit. Phone numbers transfer, but I get the "Multiple John Smith entries without knowing which entry is for home/work/mobile" bug. Voice dialing by contact name also doesn't work.

I have the F900BT with the 2.0 update, and just got a new Motorola Q9C from Verizon a month ago. Can get the ENTIRE phone book to transfer over ONLY if I have the persons firstname and lastname in that order..in the phones firstname field. (NOTHING in the last name field). Also, no special characters, spaces, dashes, etc. In short, I ended up simply manually editing the file on the PC.

The Q connects within a minute of booting up, but the phone itself then is non-responsive/EXTREMELY sluggish for about 4 minutes. After that, all works fine, exept once or twice a week the connection from the AVIC to the Q will just drop for no reason during the middle of a phone call.

thats a good observation, mine does the same thing, but I found that if I leave it alone for a few minutes it goes away on its own. Just in case I always make sure that the actual phone has ended the call.

I've tried leaving mine alone, but in the times that it's done it, it never "unfroze".

I have the f900bt and an lg vx8350. I have to click OK on the phone to download the contact each and every time I get in the car, but if I do that, all works really well. I previously paired the vx8100 and that worked fine.

Just editing to say I can test my son's V (vx9800) once I get the %^$#@ avic to stop rebooting constantly.

This combination works, but it took some time to get it going...

my previous car had a parrot 3300CK BT unit. To get the contacts from the HTC to correctly sync with the parrot I had to use Jetware (Jetwaremobile.com). This setup refused to correctly sync with the 900BT (with a parrot oem-unit). Contacts were transferred, but with an entry for every telephone number in the book and with errors (names defaulting to none, propably from business contacts without a personal name entry?) and exceeding the maximum allowed number of contacts before the address book was transferred. Using the Jetware option of limiting the number of contacts transferred by introducing a category 'carkitsync' and selecting a few contacts in that category didn't solve the problem. Removing the Jetware software from the HTC gave the same result. Pioneer EU suggested to update the firmware on the 900BT to V2 and test again. Since that didn't help, they requested to return the unit to the dealer. The 'box' the 900BT was delivered in, was my brand new car (VW NL has this unit as an optional extra) and I was not looking forward to have to return the package to the car dealer for an unknown period of time.

Therefore I decided to get the other end of the system (the HTC phone) up to the latest firmware version (updating from WM 6.0 to 6.1, something I had been avoiding due to various reports about decreased stand-by time)

After this update the synchronisation with the 900BT produced a usable set of contacts, with the home, office and mobile indication.

On a related note, for those with iPhones, when you receive a call does the AVIC tell you which contact it's from or just show you the incoming number? All I get is the incoming number, even if it is associated with a contact.

Mine only says the numbers when I get an incoming call.