AVIC411.com

F Series Blue Tooth Phones That Work or Don't Work

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've a F700bt .. works great with my personal Samsung phone NO issues.. just works and works really well. The 8330 crackberry I have for work though.. worked fine for a couple of weeks but now will not remain connected. Seems to handshake, then drop off. I'm not sure off hand what would cause it to just stop working (possible bb update? .. ) Other than that recently everything else works fine. Personal cell still works great.. I'm thinkin its the crackberry..

ok, so as most of you know I had the Treo 700wx with Verizon, the Blue Tooth worked intermitantly at best with my BT900, while driving it would connect and disconnect all on its own many times throught an hours drive. It would even connect or disconnect in the middle of a call. So I basically gave up on the thing, and as circumstances have it, my company is in the process of switching to Blackberry. So I volunteered to be a pilot user, I was told to go get whatever blackberry I wanted, so I got the Storm. Wouldn't you know it, not only is my 900BT glitch free now, it connects within 20 seconds, stays connected, and the names apop up on calls, and when I transferred my contacts, they all came in with a designator as to home, cell, or office. When I did the transfer with the Treo all I got was the name, no designator, which made it a guessing game. So my conclusion is that the Treo was a problem. My recommendation to any one else using a Treo with similar issues, get a different phone if the Blue Tooth feature of your head unit is important to you.

Ditto.. the Treo 700wx is no good. I have a f90bt and I have a solid connection less than half of the time. You really don't want this phone if you're going to be using it for the bluetooth feature. My dad has problems with his Treo on his factory in dash ford sync navigation system. Connection cuts out constantly.

The t-mobile g1 worked first try and sync'd my contacts without a problem on my f700bt.

I have only tried 3 calls, two were very short test calls. Today I had my first lengthy call and after about 1 minute the call dropped, something that has never happened with my phone yet so I dont know if it was the avic that dropped the call or if i entered a no service area (haven't found one of those yet either).

Yet another interesting bug with the 700 is when the call dropped, the call pop-up display froze on the screen for about 5 minutes. I couldn't press the hangup button and the other person tried to call me back and it went straight to voicemail.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the phone registered and transferred contacts flawlessly, but I think this pos f-series is dropping calls and locking up when making calls.

I'm still trying to figure out why my blackberry 8330 has such a problem with the F700.. constantly connects, disconnects.. connect.. disconnect.. over and over. Works perfect with my personal phone.. dont get it. And it worked fine for a few weeks.. then this. Guess I'll start by re-loading the update from Pioneer and see if that changes anything.. I'm thinkin maybe got corrupt somehow? .. Any Idea's what to check on the crackberry?

I think there should be a disclaimer that says don't blame your phone or the unit if your not able to read, follow directions or know how to troubleshoot.

Iphone 3g, works fine, except very low voice pickup on the bluetooth mic.

My 3G works fine as well (I have an F90), but the voice dial is a bit iffy. I can't say "Call [insert name here]." I can only voice dial by using the actual phone number, i.e. "Call 555-555-1342." Something I'm missing?

Did you transfer the contacts, and under the contacts menu, do you say exactly what is listed? Example if it says mom and there are 3 numbers, mobile, home work. YOu need to say call, mom, work.

On the other hand if its John smith, and tis listed as smith, john, you need to say that.

first name last name can be reversed wit the iphone based on the contact sort settings, you have to set this before you transfer.

Also if you add or modify those contacts in your phone, you have to retransfer them from scratch, they don't update via the phone on its own.

Just a tip if you still haven't resolved your iPhone contact list problem... I had the same problem on my 900bt 2.0 with my iPhone 3g and to correct the problem, go into Windows Contacts on your PC and edit your contacts to eliminate ALL special characters (i.e. (123)456-7890 would become 123456789. Save all of your contacts in this manner then re-sync your iPhone Contacts, then re-sync your contacts with your Pioneer HU. Should solve your problem.

My Motorola Q Global with AT&T connects just fine to F90BT. Problem is when I call other people and get VM, I lose the onscreen controls I still here and able to talk and leave a message but now I have to use the phone itself to end the call.

Been having the same problem with my Q as well, found that if you shut off the phone and restart it, it works great the bottom screen giving you the volume screen and hang up buttons come up till the next time you shut down & power up your F700, not sure if it's a problem with the Q or the F700 with the issue.

Would be great to actual find an answer form Pioneer or maybe Parrot as Pioneer is using their software in the AVIC series