AVIC411.com

Z-2 Stolen 1-3-09, Yorba Linda, CA

Well, just had my truck broken into while I was at Bestbuy.

Guy was a pro. I have a pager on my alarm, I just went in to return something, was waiting in line, pager goes off, within 10-15 seconds, I send my wife to go check on the car. She approaches it and the lights are flashing, no horn honking or siren. Guy sees her and jumps out of the car with my Z2 in hand, jumps into his truck and peels out of there.

Guy was in the truck for probably a minute to two at the most. He had time to punch the door cyclinder, open the door, pop the hood, pull the relay (he knew exactly where it was) for the horn and cut the wire for the siren. Then went back into the truck and ripped the Z2 out of the dash.

My wife caught him before he was able to get anything else. He already had the glove box open and had the XM module out, but did not have time to even cut the wires.

He unplugged almost everything except the bluetooth, he cut that wire. He also left behind the RCA wire harness..

Please let me know if you see anyone selling a Z2 with a missing harness in the OC, CA area...

I knew I should have gone out there as soon as the pager went off, my alarm never falses. I thought someone had bumped it or something. I am glad my wife did not actually make it all the way to the truck before he bolted.

It's just a piece of equipment, but a pisser, none the less.

Sorry, had to vent..

Jason

• 3 weeks later...
Well, just had my truck broken into while I was at Bestbuy.

Guy was a pro. I have a pager on my alarm, I just went in to return something, was waiting in line, pager goes off, within 10-15 seconds, I send my wife to go check on the car. She approaches it and the lights are flashing, no horn honking or siren. Guy sees her and jumps out of the car with my Z2 in hand, jumps into his truck and peels out of there.

Guy was in the truck for probably a minute to two at the most. He had time to punch the door cyclinder, open the door, pop the hood, pull the relay (he knew exactly where it was) for the horn and cut the wire for the siren. Then went back into the truck and ripped the Z2 out of the dash.

My wife caught him before he was able to get anything else. He already had the glove box open and had the XM module out, but did not have time to even cut the wires.

He unplugged almost everything except the bluetooth, he cut that wire. He also left behind the RCA wire harness..

Please let me know if you see anyone selling a Z2 with a missing harness in the OC, CA area...

I knew I should have gone out there as soon as the pager went off, my alarm never falses. I thought someone had bumped it or something. I am glad my wife did not actually make it all the way to the truck before he bolted.

It's just a piece of equipment, but a pisser, none the less.

Sorry, had to vent..

Jason

what scum..

i hate reading stories like this...ill keep a look out on craigs and ebay .... glad that your wife was safe tho... ur rite its only equipment ... but thankfully you guys are safe!

• 1 month later...

Thanks all for the concern. Good news is I was fully reimbursed for everything from my insurance. It is all finally back together. I added a few things to make it a little harder and to give me more time to make it out to the truck..

I added a battery backup and siren hidden under the car. I put a piezo "pain generator" deep in the dash, this thing is loud and ear piercing, at least the guy will be under a little more duress. I also added strobe lights in all four corners (interior) of the truck... Hopefully will attract a little more attention.

BTW, the 5900 is the same alarm I have. I love all of the features..

Jason

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...