AVIC411.com

data.zip combined keeper22 and lilngineer & Building fil

I did everything as shown, now my tilt works fine, but My voice navigation stopped working (on all voices not just TTS) - anyone know how to get it back??

thanks.

if you own a F500BT, guess you having the same problem what I had. Here is the fix I posted on the other thread...

After some trial-and-error, I figured out why there is no voice guidance after installing this mod (well, still no 3D buildings though), and I think this is F500BT specific. The following lines at the beginning of the Sys.txt has to be changed for F500BT:

From

[device]

type="PIONEER746UC"

to

[device]

type="PIONEER749UC"

Hope this help anyone using the F500BT.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is indeed one of the best datazip mods I tried so far... great work!

Couple of questions.

1. is there a way to toggle the quick launch buttons on and off?

2. will the 3D buildings work on a 700BT?

Thanks again,

3D buildings will work on any model.

are the 3d buildings enabled as a default on the unit? cuz i have a f700bt and mine shows buildings.

Some models came with landmarks (3dl files), buildings are 3dc files that are not included stock. There's plenty of info on this site how get them and enable their functionality though.

oh ok yeah i know how to get them, but it was just odd that mine had some regular buildings like a hotel and then some known landmarks in dc. but then again i don't consider some of then buildings it showed landmarks. :? oh well. i had just got it back from pioneer and they had to reload everything back on it so id thought id ask

N-S-E-W, I love that layout with the trip details at the bottom - what mod pack is that, and is it possible to merge that with the data.zip at the beginning of this thread? Possibly a button to toggle all kinds of trip details on or off would be the best idea, since some people don't want to see those details all the time.

Now, on to my comments about the data.zip and building pack at the top of this thread - I installed it on my f700BT following the instructions, except I have NOT installed the hacked ezrider.exe or license file (not sure how to do this, will have to read it later).

Now my issues - first, i notice the elevation is reported in Miles sometimes instead of Feet. for example 0.2 Mi instead of 1300 ft. Possibly it cant go beyond 3 digits?

Second, my bluetooth has been acting like crap ever since I installed this - I notice about half the time, the volume is very quiet, so quiet I cannot even hear the person talking. If I hit the volume buttons it barely makes a difference. Also people I'm talking to report I sound like crap to them as well. If I disconnect the call and call them back, it usually fixes the issue. But its getting kind of annoying to have to say "Hang on let me call you back... " every time I get a call. This issue never happened before I loaded this data.zip.

Finally, I notice the TTS voice sounds like the quality has been reduced. It sounds staticy and very "tinny" where before her voice was very clear.

Any ideas? I will try the hacked ezrider tonight and see if that helps at all.

N-S-E-W, I love that layout with the trip details at the bottom - what mod pack is that, and is it possible to merge that with the data.zip at the beginning of this thread? Possibly a button to toggle all kinds of trip details on or off would be the best idea, since some people don't want to see those details all the time.

Dan - The "mod" pack I'm using is my own set up. I started with a zip that had stop navigate, kill voice and a modified route info box. The rest is what I pulled from the threads and added in or my personal modifications. You can read about the trip stuff is in this thread.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20595

Now my issues - first, i notice the elevation is reported in Miles sometimes instead of Feet. for example 0.2 Mi instead of 1300 ft. Possibly it cant go beyond 3 digits?

What you described is altitude. Inserting the code from this thread will display elevation.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

This thread will further explain how elevation is displayed.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=15

Dude I can't read french, sorry.

Anyway, using that gps.elevation works perfect - only problem is this data.zip in this thread has 2 places it calls for 'altitude'. . i found and changed one but need to locate the other, as it is still reporting in miles.

Will post back with the results and what files to modify.

just to clarify guys, so I uncompress the data.rar file, then place the data.zip file in the usual My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/ directory, right?

What do I do with the sys.txt, finalnew.ttf, finalold.ttf, and tahoma1.ttf files?

thanks in advance...

Those also go into My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/, next to DATA.ZIP.

I added the 3 files to the Igo folder now my map version now says 1.000600 before the mod it said 1.000800. My house is also off by 4 houses in the gps

Where can I get my original sys.txt file anyone have one. Thats if thats the problem

This stuff is great

just to clarify guys, so I uncompress the data.rar file, then place the data.zip file in the usual My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/ directory, right?

What do I do with the sys.txt, finalnew.ttf, finalold.ttf, and tahoma1.ttf files?

thanks in advance...

Those also go into My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/, next to DATA.ZIP.

I added the 3 files to the Igo folder now my map version now says 1.000600 before the mod it said 1.000800. My house is also off by 4 houses in the gps

Where can I get my original sys.txt file anyone have one. Thats if thats the problem

This stuff is great

If you think the SYS.TXT is the problem, just delete it. The unit will rebuild it on next reboot. Now that is under the assumption that the other sysXXX.txt files are still there and untouched.