AVIC411.com

Changing Bluetooth Presets

So my TMobile G1 w/ Android does not current support Phone Book Transfer and I saw that I was able to setup 6 Presets for my phone. I was able to set the preset and am able to see the number just fine, but when I click ABC/123 all I get is "Unknown Name".

Is there a way to program the name with that number so I can show the name instead of just the number on the presets?

it's been a while since i messed around with that bt unit, but if i recall, you must transfer your contacts first, and then select one of them as if you were going to make a call, then hold down one of the p1-p6 buttons. i don't believe there was a way to assign a name to a contact unless it was transferred directly from the phone (at least with the hu i was using)

Oddly enough, when attempting to transfer phonebook entries with either the Moto V3xx or my LG CU920, it disconnects BT when entering transfer mode...then pushes the data across...then reconnects. It does it for each file. Sorry...back to your topic.

It could be as tjc mentioned above...if you cannot get your contacts across, you cannot store a number in the preset location.

If I go out on an inspection this morning, I'll try to remember to mess with it when I'm in the car.