AVIC411.com

Micro sd card with adapter

Can you use a micro sd card with an adapter to do the update with. The card is formatted as Fat 32 and I can see the files on there on my computer, but when I put it in my f700 and turn it on it just runs like normal. I ordered a card from pioneer but it is backorded. Tired of waiting.

I don't see why it wouldn't work, if your using a mini sd card, and putting it in an adaptor to make it full sized it shoudl run as a normal sd card.

Follow the instructions perciesly for the update as normal. If its not working your doing something wrong.

You cannot just copy the file to the sd card as is, you must put the folders and files on it as described, have the unit completley turned off, place it in the unit, turn the car on, and it will do everything automatially. If it fails to do that, your doing something wrong and you have to recheck what your doing, or just start over from scratch.

keep in mind if the update is already applied, it wont reupdate, so check your version number in the menus, if the unit is after oct 29th it may already be installed,

Then buy a new sd card, you sound like your either too cheap or live in antartica where there isn't a local electronics store, you must have a walmart around you, if not buy one online.

Your car is prob defective, if your computer see's it fine, then eh, maybe your card reader in the avic is bad, who knows. Won't know until you get another sd card.

i got a sandisk 4 gb micro sdhc. going to buy another card tomorrow and see if that works. if not i will assume the sd card slot is screwed. navigation directions are way off anyway will probably ditch it for a kenwood or pioneer without built in navi in a couple of months anyway. unless updated maps appear quickly and send me to the right spot instead of a mile away. may even get a seperate garmin.

I have been using a 2gb patriot micro sd card with an adapter to boot to windows ce and transfer files.

I have never had a problem. It works great.

Not sure why yours doesn't work

Mine worked fine for backing up, installing update, and doing fixes. I have not used it for music, but think that should work as well.

The card was in my camera before I started using it for this.

i bought one of those slot music cards with the saving abel cd preloaded on it and i already had a micro to standard sd adapter. i put it in the adapter and it started playing immediatly with no problem. I even added all my splash screen pics i wanted on it so there all already there. it must be something with your card try buying a new one and see it that doesnt fix your problem.

james

• 2 weeks later...