AVIC411.com

*NEW HD RADIO RECIEVER RELEASED FOR CES 2009*

if you mean built by pioneer, the power plug shows otherwise. that is the directed electronics power cable, not the pioneer one. i doubt it would make any difference, as my issues with the gex-p10hd are with the interface, which isn't likely to change with a new add-on tuner

well isnt this just great?!?

I just got the 10 last week, 1st one wouldnt recieve ANY channels at all

That one went back. Now the 2nd showed up 2 days ago and it recieves "some" channels, but it's still really lame reception.

It's Ok once Im on the highway or whatever.

I picked up an active antenna with a built in booster which helped some

The HU gets better reception with NO antenna then the HD tuner does with the active booster antenna.

Now they come out with a new model. I couldnt find anywhere to buy it though.

This really sucks LOL

OK so I looked into it all. I'm going to send the 10 back (it's only been a few days and they said they'd take it back no problem)

I called pioneer and they said that the 20 isnt available for sale yet. Woman said that it'll probably be available sometime in feb. but she was just guessing.

So I guess I'll be checking it and ordering one as soon as they are available. It cant be any worse then this lame one I have now. If it is Ill just send that one back too LOL

home made??

Sorry, I meant to say built by Pioneer themselves... One thread around here mentioned that the reason we don't get a list of stations in our preset menus is because Pioneer outsourced the Gex-10.

The 2 new radios state that they can pull meta data off of songs playing on the air. Hopefully the new add-on unit will also as well as display correctly on the f90bt.

home made??

Sorry, I meant to say built by Pioneer themselves... One thread around here mentioned that the reason we don't get a list of stations in our preset menus is because Pioneer outsourced the Gex-10.

The 2 new radios state that they can pull meta data off of songs playing on the air. Hopefully the new add-on unit will also as well as display correctly on the f90bt.

amen

This is an ad for the new DEH-P710BT

It looks like the GEX-P20HD can pull song data

Now if it'll be displayed properly on the HU is another story but it shows some hope I guess

Pioneer offers a World First, iTunes Tagging for FM radio (using RDS data). Tag a song from the radio or to have it's meta data saved to your iPod. You can then plug the iPod to a computer to see a list of your tagged items in iTunes for purchase. And for you digital radio fans, we've also made this feature available for HD Radio (with the GEX-P20HD).