AVIC411.com

I have a month old F90BT. A few days ago, my voice recognition stopped working. No matter what screen I'm on, pressing the volume knob does not initiate the VR. Any ideas or suggestions?

VR was a major selling point to me. Starting to wish I waited for the Kenwood DNX9140 to come out that will have VR, including for navigation.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I had the same problem, but mine started two days after uploading new music from my iPod. Pioneer said it was hardware but I had a hard time believing that. I didn't want to dismantle it and send it back so I thought I would poke around in the software. Somewhere in the beginning of the forums stickey has the download of the test mode software you need to boot up in tested. It took some digging and I can't remember where I found it but it's there. BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP of you system on a separate Sd card. Being a Mac guy I don't really understand Windows so I had to copy and paste files to back up. I found the Voice control file, I think it's VCinfo. Make sure you have a back up. I then move the file somewhere else and then it worked. Your back up needs to be on your removable SD. I'm not sure why it worked or if it will work for you. DO THIS AT your own risk as I have no experience. Before doing this my XM would lose sound if I pressed the VR and now it doesn't work at all. SO KEEP LOOKING FOR a better solution from someone else but this should at least give you some hope. I had nothing to lose so I CAN SEND MINE BACK. Good Luck and don't try until you feel more comfortable. I don't want any criticism as I'm only trying to help and don't blame me for bricked systems.