AVIC411.com

F900BT hd radio shutting off

Ok i own a custom shop and we just made the switch from the nightmare of alpine over to pioneer. just installed the F900BT and hd radio in the shop truck. The deck has the 2.0 upgrade factory installed and everything seems to work fine except the hd radio. doesnt matter if you are sitting still or moving it just shuts off. I dont mean loose signal i mean it shuts off. driving down the road listening to my favorite afternoon radio station and then it shuts off and shows off in the top left corner, go back in to choose the source and the hd radio is grayed out. what the hell. and the other issue we have found is in the presets for hd. if i go to save a preset it will save it but it does not display what the station is next to the number like in regular fm. the other issue is that with the hd plugged in if it goes off like that i cant even get regular radio as there is no antenna.

please help avic guru's

First - the preset issue is pretty well documented here as a "feature".

I did have the same HD problem as you, but only once during install. I finished installing everything, buttoned up the dash and noticed HD was not working and XM had no audio. After a little troubleshooting I found the 2 amp fuse powering the HD unit had blown. No idea why, as I have it tucked under the dash on the driver's side. I replaced the fuse and have not had a problem since. I suspect you may have a loose power connection to your HD unit.

BTW - you may want to add a Y antenna adapter.

the deck came w 2.0 installed on it ready to go and the hd unti was brand new as well i will check the fuses and ill recheck the power connection. all of our connection are done properly and heat shrunk but it does happen sometimes. good idea on the y adapter i will put one in today.

ya the preset issue is a great feature lol