AVIC411.com

3D Building and Quicklaunch Button How-To

Just an evolution of an earlier post. This board is incredible as far as content, confusing as far as how to access and use the content, and hostile as far as newby support goes.

This thread is an easy how to for modding an AVIC F500, F700, F900, or F90 to include 3D buildings (USA) and the following DATA.zip mods:

*Quick Launch Nav Menu while not Navigating.

*Moved/Cleaned Up Boxes while navigating

*Stop Nav Button added to compass

*Mute Nav Button

*Linear Compass (new style - keeper22's)

*Small tweaks throughout for looks

*MPH and elevation when not Navigating

*Current Street name jumps to route menu

*Current Street icon jumps to MSN Traffic

*Navigation bottom left display when pressed jumps to route specific screen

*SYS.TXT has a lot of the tweaks from this board

The ZIP file contains MIKEGEDGE's Data.zip, the 3D building files, the lic file, the added fonts, and MIKEGEDGE's SYS.TXT file.

1. Get this file (Keeper.zip): http://www.box.net/shared/2axe04gscp

Get this file (3Dbuilding1): http://www.box.net/shared/psiktsu110

Get this file (3Dbuilding2): http://www.box.net/shared/4v2vtxesvd

2. Boot the unit in Test Mode (well described in FAQ).

3. Copy EZrider.exe, DATA.ZIP, FINALNEW, FINALOLD, SYS.TXT, and TAHOMA1 to APL2\iGo

4. Copy GENERIC_iGO8_WorldWide@801Product.lic to APL2\igo\license

5. Copy all files in building.zip to APL2\iGO\Content\Building

Remove SD, Reboot, Enjoy.

Just trying to make it easy. I used 4-5 threads, a few downloads, and several seaches to get this running. I did no programming or editing- the heroes are Boris, Keeper, Maverick, and all the folks who know what they are doing.

edit: fixed links

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is awesome, everything in one place WITH the building files... i cant wait to try this out, one question for you, before i used leetlauncher with igo and i copied a sys.txt file over that rendered my nonleet nav useless, and i could only use igo...will this do the same?

thanks again!

this is awesome, everything in one place WITH the building files... i cant wait to try this out, one question for you, before i used leetlauncher with igo and i copied a sys.txt file over that rendered my nonleet nav useless, and i could only use igo...will this do the same?

thanks again!

I have no clue. I have not tried the leet launcher (like the avic software enough not to mess around more than basic mods). The SYS.TXT is from MikeGEdge's post.

As far as DATA.zip, map versions, and ft/miles - I have no idea.

It may be easy enough to search the forum for those topics and find out what file needs to be changed and then compare the original file to the modded file.

Just trying to make it easy. I used 4-5 threads, a few downloads, and several seaches to get this running. I did no programming or editing- the heroes are Boris, Keeper, Maverick, and all the folks who know what they are doing.

If I knew more, I'd help. But I'm a cut and paste kind of guy...

Does the 3d building files include more than the 900bt already have?

Your 900bt came with a building file??? WOW, I wish I was that lucky!

The 500bt's came with some 3dl (landmarks) files. Wish we got some 3dc (buildings) files too. The 900bt must have been the bigger buck unit.