AVIC411.com

AV1 Video Freezes F900

I have no idea how this could happen...

My AV1 input works great for audio. Usually I have it hooked up with the IPod, but every once in a while I'd like to hook up a game consul...

I have switched the input to 'Video' from 'IPod'

As soon as a video feed begins running through the RCA cable - the system completely freezes. No buttons (hardware or software side) respond at all. And the image from the input comes through for one frame, then freezes on that one frame. The audio continues to work from that input. If I unplug the video, everything immediately works again like nothing happened. As soon as I plug it back in - the system freezes again with the first frame that is sent at the time it is plugged back in... (i.e. if you unplug and plug it back in rapidly - it's working...at a frame rate of .25 frames per second)

Any ideas?

I just posted this today. The same exact thing happend with my bluetooth input from a Telphone 5000vi. First frame than it freezes. I thought I was crazy

This is my post Have you come up with any reasons?

I am not happy with the Bluetooth function on my F900BT so I installed the old Bluetooth that I had previously in my 04 Touareg V10 with the Factory Nav. I use the Raytel 5000 vi which I think has the best sound and voice quality of any Bluetooth system that I have used. The 5000 vi allows you to use an outside screen to view phonebook and call status and settings. It is designed to interupt the backup camera and trigger the backup swicth to turn on the display of the Nav that it is being installed in. When we hooked it up today the The F900BT required a full 12volts to trigger and only displayed ther first image and than froze. For example I could get the phonebook up, but not scroll at all, or the settings, but not move through them. I tested the 5000vi on a separate screen and it worked fine, and I tested the F900 with another Video source and it worked fine. Could there be a setting which I searched for or a minimun signal strenth that I am not achieving. Has anyone had the screen trouble that I described?

Thanks

Al

These two symptoms have nothing in common...

It's a video input (which should just be passing thru an RCA feed) versus a data feed freezing the system (which actually makes the system think)

That being said - Here's my reply to your post

have you let it run for an hour straight yet?

I used to have glitchy symptoms with my bluetooth at first, but after I went on a road trip with bluetooth connected the whole time - it fixed itself for good

And is the whole system frozen? Cause you said you can get to the contacts screen...making me think it's not...

Is the phone slower at all while the AVIC is frozen like that? That would be a sign of the address book transfer stalling out...

You are completely wrong This is the same symptom. The Raytel uses an RCA video feed that interupts and goes in where the backup camera would go into the system. It just uses the F900 as a monitor just like your video game. The symtom is exaclty the same just get the first video shot and than no other video it stays on the same frame. I may not have been clear in my desription. It would seem that the video output of your game and the raytell are similar and both are causing trouble with the system.

Thanks for your input

Ooooooooooo

I get it now. I greatly misunderstood

You don't like the bluetooth so you got an external bluetooth module that has a video output that you plugged in to an RCA in and whenever it sends an image the AVIC freezes just like mine.

So yea - same symptom exactly

The weird thing to me - my rear camera input is working perfectly (using a Pioneer Backup camera...

Isn't that the same protocol - just passing an RCA feed to the screen?

• 11 months later...

I'm going to bump this in the hopes that someone found an answer.

I am having a similar issue. I have a video device (OBDII engine monitor thing) that I'd like to plug into AV1 or the reverse camera input. But the system freezes and only shows the first frame of the input if I plug it in. The weird thing is that I have another device that works with both inputs.

The common thread I see here is this:

Input sources that get power and ground from the car cause the system to freeze (the bluetooth thing, the video game system, and my obdII thing). Input sources that don't get power and ground from the car like my camcorder don't have this freezing issue.

I had to reread all of my posts to get back up to speed. I have not found a solution to the Freezing display. For my new/used 2005 Excursion Diesel that I have installed the same F900 BT I bought a rear view mirror with a display and I bought a used rearview mirror from E-bay and cut them both up and combined them together with some bondo and black paint. The new mirror looks like it came with the car. Your thought about power coming from the 12v from the car may be on to something,but my backup camera gets its power from my reverse light in the tail light assembly.

I'm still stumped

Al

I tested my theory of powering devices from the car. I plugged in a portable dvd player and it powered it from the cig lighter and it worked just fine.

I also called the pioneer help line, but they didn't have any suggestions. In fact, the tech thought it was weird and figured that if anything I should get no picture, but not the freezing.

I'll hook a multimeter up to it. Maybe check the ground on the RCA cable with a working input device working and then with the non-working one. I'm not sure what I should be looking for though...I'll ask some audio guys and see what they say.

That or quit messing with it and get another monitor like you did. I hate giving up and wasting $100 though.

I did my install with the best car audio guy in Fairfield County CT. He lets me hang out and do some of the install with him. I also usually bring stuff to install that is out of the norm so if he cant do it we need to come up with a fix on the spot. RCA video is RCA video its not pal or some other format it should be streight forward. I thought it might be signal strength so we put a video amp on it to the point of clipping the signal. I looked into a filter or a signal converter or anything but they don't exist. I mean what I could do was convert it to pal and than back to Ntsb or what ever its called. I don't think any of that will work. I tried upgrading to the latest sofware from pioneer V. 3.0 is out did you know? Nothing worked. I put too much time and brain power into figureing this out. No luck.

If you come up with a sulution post it so I can fix my wifes touareg and get rid of the little screen that came with it

Thanks for the reply. I did think about the signal amplifier/converter solution. But I guess if you tried it already I'll skip it.

So, in your search for the answer, did you make sure that the ground on the RCA cable had continuity with an actual ground on the other end?

I am running almost the latest software. It's the one that you buy on the SD cards (IIRC it's 3.0). Currently I'm not even running any mods.