AVIC411.com

2006 Nissan and Avic-Z1

Hi,
I recently just purchased a new Avic-Z1 and have a few questions. I have a 2006 Nissan 350Z and i guess there is some big issues with the car. I have a factory installed Bose stereo system and of course i want to get rid of the system, but installers are telling me that i need to get rid of my speakers and replace them along with re-wiring everything in the car. In addition, the installers are telling me it is going to take at least $1300.00 to do the job. Im wondering if anyone can tell me if this is true and would it be a big job to install the system myself. I live in the Chicago area and would anyone have any suggestions. Also where could i possibly pick up a wiring harness and dash kit? Thanks for the help!
[quote name="tmtrino2"]Hi,
I recently just purchased a new Avic-Z1 and have a few questions. I have a 2006 Nissan 350Z and i guess there is some big issues with the car. I have a factory installed Bose stereo system and of course i want to get rid of the system, but installers are telling me that i need to get rid of my speakers and replace them along with re-wiring everything in the car. In addition, the installers are telling me it is going to take at least $1300.00 to do the job. Im wondering if anyone can tell me if this is true and would it be a big job to install the system myself. I live in the Chicago area and would anyone have any suggestions. Also where could i possibly pick up a wiring harness and dash kit? Thanks for the help![/quote]

It is possible to retain the bose amps and speakers and just replace the radio. As for doing it yourself, again not a hard thing to do especially in that car.

[url=http://www.millionbuy.com/met707551.html]http://www.millionbuy.com/met707551.html[/url]
This is the harness you'll need p/n is 70-7551. You'll end up using the rca ouputs of the z1 instead of the speaker level outputs.

[url=http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/product.php?productid=7144&cat=438&page=2]http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/product. ... 438&page=2[/url]
And here's your dash kit. The part number is 99-7602. It also comes with the single din bracket, but that you won't need.
cntrylvr is on point, usin the 7551 retains using the factory amp n bose speakers by usin rca outputs. but if u wanted to run the speakers directly off the z1, u do need to rewire the speaker outputs from the factory amp to the z1 wire harness. the 7602 is the right double din dash kit. as far as installation price, it is not going to cost $1300, they're tryin to rip u off. it should be 200 for in-dash nav install, $40 for parts, n 180 IF u decide to get it rewired from the speakers directly to the z1. head up 2 circuit city, they'll get u done right.
First off I'm really sorry you got ripped off and bought the Bose "upgrade." I also have a 350Z, I have a Daytona Blue 2005. I was lucky enough to know that $1,400 was a lot of money and I could do a lot better job just taking the car to an aftermarket shop and getting the stereo replaced.

That Bose system is such a total piece of garbage and you don't want crappy $2 paper speakers (what you got with your $1400 Blose "upgrade") destroying the sound quality of your $2,000 Z1. The Blose speakers are so bad they ONLY sound ok with the Blose system. Which in turn is specifically designed to ONLY work with those poor quality speakers. Interestingly enough if you put in good speakers with the Blose amp they will sound horrible.

It always amazes me that car companies do such a horrible job with factory upgrades but hey, they don't care about giving you a good product, they only care about maximizing profits. If they could just put the customer first they could offer some outstanding products. For instance I would LOVE the Z1 with a custom molded faceplate that makes the unit a built in.
Thats wierd because I have the Bose system in my 2000 Pathfinder, and I think it sounds amazing.

I went down to my shop to inquire about changing out the speakers, and he listened to my speakers and told me that putting new ones in would not make it sound any better.

And when I bought the car the Bose came as an included upgrade for the LE version, so I didn't have a choice whether or not I wanted it if I wanted the LE.
[quote name="sportsfan21"]Thats wierd because I have the Bose system in my 2000 Pathfinder, and I think it sounds amazing.

I went down to my shop to inquire about changing out the speakers, and he listened to my speakers and told me that putting new ones in would not make it sound any better.

And when I bought the car the Bose came as an included upgrade for the LE version, so I didn't have a choice whether or not I wanted it if I wanted the LE.[/quote]

Same here with my 04 Armada and the HU 7600mp. I'm real tight with my dealer and everytime I get an oil change they Say theturn off their little boom box and Play mine on level 5. 5 being a good comfortable but loud clear sound. They always put it on a charger not to kill my Batt. Can't wait till I put the D1 in.
Thanks for all the info. I have a dash kit arriving tomorrow. But here is the problem now...I am plannin on installing this system myself, and i cant seem to take apart the dash. Does anyone have any information on how to take the dash apart on a 2006 Nissan 350Z? Any help again would be appreciated. Thanks for all those who have responded!
[quote name="bdmpastx"]The Metra Kit has the dash instructions in it. It is simple really. or you can go here in advance of getting the actual kit and see how to remove it.

[url]http://www.metraonline.com/_assets/manuals/INST99-7602.pdf[/url][/quote]

Hey BDMPASTX I see you ride. Wifey wants to move to Texas next year and I'm not feeling the roads there. From what I've been on TO STRAIGHT! Possible Austin area. Know of any good back roads and what tracks do you hit. Thanks

K