AVIC411.com

Antenna reception is weak after install

I have a Chevy Tahoe 2007 LS.

I just finished installing a Pioneer Avic F900BT Navigation system. I used a GM onstar adapter with the system.

After installing it, my antenna reception is poor. There is a blue wire from the deck labeled Antenna but I dont know where to connect that to.

Any help is appreciated.

The blue (Antenna) cable from F900BT can be used to control motor-antennas or control an antenna amplifier. So, if your car have an active antenna amplifier with a control cable, I think you need to connect them together. Anyway, you can drain 300 mA/12V from this cable, an the cable has power only when you listen to radio channels.

The blue (Antenna) cable from F900BT can be used to control motor-antennas or control an antenna amplifier. So, if your car have an active antenna amplifier with a control cable, I think you need to connect them together. Anyway, you can drain 300 mA/12V from this cable, an the cable has power only when you listen to radio channels.

unfortunately you have to set the antenna to 'power' if you have an HD tuner installed or the antenna amp will not come on. This will leave the amp on at all times.