AVIC411.com

TV Screen shots please

Can someone post pics of either Pioneer GEX-P5700TV or GEX-P7000TV tv tuner screen shots? I’m considering this upgrade to my Z1 but haven’t been able to find anyone using it locally. I have heard good things but I remember the days of the old “wing” antennas people put on their trunks and those sucked. Also how about some reviews from users, how it looks parked vs. moving.
I have an older model TV tuner than the 2 you listed and I love it. I like to have the news on the way to work while I am sitting in traffic and Judge Judy on the way home...lol. Mine is a GEX-P6400TV which uses the diversity antenna. It works great moving or parked. It doesn't work too good outside the city though. So if you live in a bigger city, I say go for it and you will love it. I almost never listen to anything other than the tv anymore.
One more question. I have a Chevy Avalanche and the back window comes out so I don’t want to connect an antenna to it. Would the antennas work if I put them under a piece of plastic trim? If not has anyone used these [url=http://www.shop.com/op/~Pyle_magnetic_mount_diversity_tv_antenna_-prod-31698046-41483751?sourceid=3#_amos_main]http://www.shop.com/op/~Pyle_magnetic_m ... _amos_main[/url] or one like it?
hey macvalanche, I dont have the avalanche but i have the silverado. I was thinking og getting this tuner also. I was curious about mounting the antenna under my soft tonneau cover, like just on top of or directly inside the bed rails. Maybe you could do that too. I thought about mounting my gps antenna there if i didnt get good signal under my dash but its great where it is.
I have a Silverado too. I've [i]read[/i] that factory window tint can degrade the signal because the tint has metal particles in it. I don't know if that's true or not. I was actually wishing I could find some film-type antennas like this:

[url=http://www.xplodsony.com/files/manuals/XT-V70_Install_Manual.pdf#search=%22%22film%20antenna%22%20tv%20sony%22]http://www.xplodsony.com/files/manuals/ ... %20sony%22[/url]

I would then mount them behind the blue shaded area on the windshield on each of the far top corners and the wiring could be easily hidden in the pillar. They would be invisible from outside and out of the field of vision on the inside.

I've found aftermarket film antennas on eBay, but none of them can be placed on the far corners like the Sony one. They all have some kind of central "pod" that would be visible and isn't what I'm looking for.
I don't think it would matter if they were under the plastic trim. In my car they are in the trim on the back window. On my truck they are stuck to the back glass. I have a camper shell that blocks them and they work fine. Also, think of your house. If you have an antenna on a TV in your house, think of all the items that block it out from the outside world.
That's sort of what I thought but I wanted to hear from someone who had tried it. The Avalanche has a plastic “rollbar” that I would like to put one of the antennas in. I have no idea why I’m being so cautious about this purchase, I ordered the Z1 2 months before it was released sight unseen. Well I guess it’s time to order, send flowers to my funeral after my wife finds out I’m spending another $300 on my system. :?
[quote name="silveradojeff"]hey macvalanche, I dont have the avalanche but i have the silverado. I was thinking og getting this tuner also. I was curious about mounting the antenna under my soft tonneau cover, like just on top of or directly inside the bed rails. Maybe you could do that too. I thought about mounting my gps antenna there if i didnt get good signal under my dash but its great where it is.[/quote]
I'm sorry guys, I don't know how I overlooked your posts.

I think I'll put the front one on my windshield right where it meets the headliner. I think I'm going to try putting the back one in that rollbar/third light area. If not, I like the idea of putting it under the bedrail. I don't really have bed rails like a normal pickup but I do have very long "saddle bags" back there they could go in.

[quote name="GnatGoSplat"]I have a Silverado too. I've [i]read[/i] that factory window tint can degrade the signal because the tint has metal particles in it. I don't know if that's true or not. I was actually wishing I could find some film-type antennas like this:

[url=http://www.xplodsony.com/files/manuals/XT-V70_Install_Manual.pdf#search=%22%22film%20antenna%22%20tv%20sony%22]http://www.xplodsony.com/files/manuals/ ... %20sony%22[/url]

I would then mount them behind the blue shaded area on the windshield on each of the far top corners and the wiring could be easily hidden in the pillar. They would be invisible from outside and out of the field of vision on the inside.

I've found aftermarket film antennas on eBay, but none of them can be placed on the far corners like the Sony one. They all have some kind of central "pod" that would be visible and isn't what I'm looking for.[/quote]
I like this idea too. Let me know if you try it and how it works.
I live at 45 and the beltway south. The Major TV towers reside in Missouri City. The closer you are to Missouri City the better the signal will be. That being said, I think you have a better chance of a good signal than people up in Conroe. I pass by the towers going to work everyday and the signal kicks ass there. I have the a tuner in my car and my truck and I love them. Sure makes all this traffic a little less stressful.