AVIC411.com

F700BT Reboots every 2mins

OK for all you Avic F savvy people on here lol...Im not much of a tech or hacker just simply a user of this product. I have had this product installed in my 04 Honda CRV for 2-3 months along with a back up camera connected to it aswell. It worked great, fully functional, obvious long start up time but from what I've heard and read that's normal. It was running on the older version.

I heard of the new firmware so I went and dowloaded it off the site, and copied it to the SD card exactly how it said on the site and even printed out the instructions just to not make any mistakes. Brought the instructions in the car with me and put the 4GB SD card with nothing but the update files. The update started as regular and finished after 10-15 minutes, great, just as it said it would. Then I went and did the bluetooth update awell. It boots up to the Pioneer splash screen and starts normally.

Once it leaves this screen it goes to the main menu while it says the "System Startup" message at the bottom and it stays there forever. The message does not leave at all. It stays up there and I tried doing certain things like see if music played, which it didn't...I connected my 1st Gen iPod Touch on a 2.1 Firmware and it shows up, and normally reads the VR dictionary, takes like 15secs for about 4gb of music. But no sound. I messed around and checked the settings and something was on mute. I changed it and the music plays just fine now.

(Keep in mind i hooked up the iPod and changed the settings in a matter of 2 minutes meanwhile back at the main menu the "Startup in progress" message is still there). So I start getting worried as that's odd, seeing as most people havent even seen that message since they've updated and boot time was suppose to be faster. So I leave it there, after 2 more minutes it automatically reboots. Goes back to the "Pioneer" splash screen and starts all over again with the same message at the bottom. And it continues repeating the process of rebooting after 5 or so minutes.

I have tried the reset button, and I have tried the reset/eject button and nothing, still the same. So I searched online and came upon this forum. I have downloaded the TestMode program thanks to "Catchmeifyoucan631" for that post. I unzipped it and put it on my SD card and ran it on my Avic. It goes to the WindowsCE screen so I proceed to "My Flashdisk" to copy the files to my SD card. For some reason after I have highlighted everything and try to press Edit in order to copy, it wont let me press it or any other option up there such as "File" or "View" etc. So im thinking no biggie and just dragged all the files from the Flashdisk to the SD, since i wanted copies in order to back up everything before trying to "fix" it. Kinda dumb for not backing up anything before doing the upgrade but nothing can be done about that now so it's whatever.

Now I have the original files on the Flashdisk and copies of them on my SD card. So I shut my car off and go on my computer and paste those files on my desktop for safe keeping. I want to go about trying this method out to "fix" it:

"http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20296&highlight=test+mode"

How am i suppose to delete those files on the WindowsCE screen on my Flashdisk if I cannot even click on "Edit" to copy or paste anything on there let alone be able to delete it?

That is the first method I want to go about trying to fix this reboot issue.

In all conclusion my Avic F700BT started rebooting itself after I upgraded to the new firmware. Hope you guys/girls can help me out bcuz this is getting frustrating especially since it was working just fine, damn upgrade was nothing but false hope lol.

Sry for such a long post but i just wanted to put every little detail on there I possibly could so you guys can get the pictre better

Hard Reset? The only resest I tried after I installed it was the regular "reset" button which nothing. So then I tried the "Reset/Eject" one and that did nothing aswell.

I tried the method I stated on the first post and it did not work..It's still rebooting. I called Pioneer and they said the last thing I should try was actually disconnect the Avic from the battery altogether so im guessing that's a hard reset.

But im going to try this last method:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... de&start=0

Of reinstalling the Update and see what happens. If not then I guess I'll try out what Pioneer said