AVIC411.com

F900BT How to change menu background picture?

I'm sure this question had been asked more than a few times, but I've had no luck finding an answer after using the search feature in this forum, so here its goes. can anyone provide me with step by step instruction to change the BG picture in the menu screen (not the splash screen). thanks

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Flash Disk :arrow: APL :arrow: Image.res :arrow: Common :arrow: It's the very first .bmp image.

are you certain of this? because i from what i can tell the first image in the /common folder is 746_32K_MN-001_24b.bmp an 800x56 image. i've edited this one and it appears to be the bar on the main menu at the bottom of the screen between "phone" and "settings". i have yet to find a .bmp anywhere in the image.res that would be of appropriate size (roughly 800x425) to be the background for the main menu . if you have found a way to change it, could you please post the name of the .bmp

wierd! i totally do not have that file. i opened my origional image.res and image.res backups it's not there. mine came with 2.0 pre-installed (don't know if that has anything to do with it)

thx for posting the image name. could u maybe upload it for me? or i guess i could try to create it :?

• 4 months later...
My Flash Disk :arrow: APL :arrow: Image.res :arrow: Common :arrow: It's the very first .bmp image.

Please forgive my ignorance... I just bought the 90BT and had it installed over the weekend. How do you access the files on the device to change the background? I'm pretty savvy on the programming side but have never worked with units like these. If someone could just get me started with that tid bit I can figure out the rest.

Thanks!

Snork11z