AVIC411.com

Help: iPod/iPhone not recognized

Hey all,

I'm was testing my install and everything works except my iPod/iPhone connection. Here's what I've done to test.

1) Set A/V1 to iPod

2) Plug in iPhone after system has booted

I've test both my iPhone (1st Gen) and a 1st Gen Nano and gotten the same results. The AV1 button on my unit doesn't even light up. However, if I activate AV2, the button lights up just fine. It's as if nothing is plugged in at all. No Pioneer logo on the iPod, nothing.

FWIW, I've got a F700BT with the Pioneer CD-IU230V cable. I'm thinking the connection at the back of the radio is somehow bad? Maybe the connector itself? I did do the mod to allow video play while driving by moving the mute connector.

Anyone have any thing else I can try? So far, I love this thing. I just need my iPhone to work with it!! :(

av1 is supposed to be grayed out when you connect your iphone. the usb connection should change and display ipod instead. if this isn't happening, make sure you have the iu230 plugged into the usb, the iphone, and av1 inputs. you need all 3 connected for it to work

av1 is supposed to be grayed out when you connect your iphone. the usb connection should change and display ipod instead. if this isn't happening, make sure you have the iu230 plugged into the usb, the iphone, and av1 inputs. you need all 3 connected for it to work

OK, I think I know my problem. What do I connect the USB to if the connetor on the bottom of my phone is already being used? IE What do I connect the USB (on the iu230) to? Do I connect it to the USB on the back of the head unit?

OK, crisis averted. I hate to RTFM myself. But I assumed the USB connector at the end of the iu230 was female. When, if I had looked, it is a male connector. Once I plugged that into the female USB coming out of the back of the head unit I was up and running.

Everyone can go back to their regular programming.