AVIC411.com

File functions - what does what ?

ok

have the HZ88 drive out and I'm fiddling :)

need confirmation on a few things.

MAPS

if I am looking at this right they reside on

LDATA under directories 01->06

there are 3 folders in each folder labeled MAP,SEARCH and VOICE

correct?

GRACENOTE

located under

LDATA/AV/CDDB

databases for the gracenote system

correct?

I cannot find the files that control the FM radio

where are they lcoated?

I found something under

LDATA/00/BROADCAST/

that looks like the settings for this.

DVD driver files ideas?

layout wise its close to the Z1 you have and there are a few differences to the HD3 I have but its close.

feedback welcomed (I'm a hacker at heart when I'm not pulling cars to bits for a living.)

this is the LDATA drive layout.

00 - operating system

01->06 maps with directories: MAP , SEARCH , VOICE

MAP directories have the following variant of this file:

PD10*.KED

the * changes for the directory that it is in and from what I can tell this is the map data.

SEARCH directories have the following variants of these files:

INDEX_0*.KWI

PRFCTY0*.DAT

SPOT_A0*.DAT

no idea what these run.

assumption is the index file is the main file with map points.

the second I assume is prefectch on the Y axis

the third (SPOT) I have not a clue. need help here

one thing I did note. this unit does 3D POI. does the Z1 do this?

ok suceeded in changing startup screen ( thats easy as we know.) and I have BT function now. (the original unit didn't have it.)

still screwing with OS .

for a unit that was designed to be 'different to the other markets' there are a LOT of things the same and in the same spots.

succeeded in crashing the thing where is came up flash error.

would LOVE to know how to flash one of these things short of pulling the EEPROM out (which i DO NOT want to do.)

seems the base OS system is EEPROM based..

Hello, :wink:

My name is Lambert, and I'm from the Nederlands.

:wink:

I'm following this forum for a wile, and I'm trying to find some smart people who can help me to solve my problem with my HD3/ Z3.

Like a lot of other users of the Z3 I'm trying to find a way to put my own POI to the Z3, and speciely to add speedcamera files.

I'm sure that there are people who are smart anough to solve this problem.

I contacted the support from pioneer benelux a lot of time, and the say that pioneer is still takking about this with teleatlas to come to a solution.

Also on de Dutch forums there is no one who has hack this problem yet.

I hope there is somewone who van help me with this:)

Cheers !

I'm sorry for the bad writing :cry:

would LOVE to know how to flash one of these things short of pulling the EEPROM out (which i DO NOT want to do.)

The OS is in the file EU060PLT.PRG. It is flashed to EEPROM, and can be manually flashed from the Service Menu. It's possible you can flash it all you want without overwriting the bootloader and just re-enter the Service Menu and reflash anytime you wish... then again, it's also possible that flashing a bad PRG file will brick the AVIC. I'm not sure that there's much useful you can do with the OS itself except possibly convert it over to a full Windows CE if you had Platform Builder 4.2.

The only executable in the actual OS is nEventWatcher.exe which replaces the CE shell explorer.exe. The rest of the exe's are on the HDD.

• 2 months later...
ok suceeded in changing startup screen ( thats easy as we know.) and I have BT function now. (the original unit didn't have it.)

still screwing with OS .

for a unit that was designed to be 'different to the other markets' there are a LOT of things the same and in the same spots.

succeeded in crashing the thing where is came up flash error.

Glad to know someone out there is working towards the same goal as mine.. :wink: Sorry if this is a silly question.. :mrgreen: , what is the BT function? Is there any cheaper hdd unlocking service - without losing the data? After converting to our currency, its quite a sum... :( , By the way .. how your progress.. manage to change the language? :D