AVIC411.com

All songs on SD card duplicated/iPhone Issue

I have tried searching about this and checking the online manual, but I am unable to figure out why all of my files are being duplicated.

I have .wav .mp3 and .m4a files, from an itunes library, reduced to one album folder each, per the one folder level "requirement" for the F-series.

In each album, I have every track with a "._" before it, and then below that, each track. The "._" files do not play, and the headunit constantly says "non-playable files will be skipped" or something like that. The files were put onto a FAT formatted SD card from OS X. When I put the card back in the computer, there is only one instance of each file, none of the "._" files, and I cannot find any hidden files. If someone could let me know what I am doing wrong, I would really appreciate the insight.

Also, I have been unable to search successfully for a fix to the iphone phonebook number porting. I was able to install my phone book onto the headunit, but if I get an incoming call, it will not show because of the ()- characters in the phone numbers. Is there a hack anywhere to compensate for this?

Thanks everyone! I have been lurking so far, but this forum has been a fantastic help to me, and I have my headunit software modified to my satisfaction besides the two issues above.

._ are the files that OS X saves to any FAT-formatted disk. Some kind of metadata about files that OS X uses. There might be some way to turn it off (you'd need to ask a Mac expert for that) or find a PC and delete files from there....

There are no extra files visible in a Vista or XP VM when I open the file in there natively, I will try a Vista physical machine next. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Found them in OS X. I have been using Macs for years, but never had anything besides podcasts in my iTunes library. I actually put everything in iTunes thinking it would make it easier to port to the F. Boy did I learn a lesson... Thanks!

There are no extra files visible in a Vista or XP VM when I open the file in there natively, I will try a Vista physical machine next. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Found them in OS X. I have been using Macs for years, but never had anything besides podcasts in my iTunes library. I actually put everything in iTunes thinking it would make it easier to port to the F. Boy did I learn a lesson... Thanks!

Y/w. As a note, those files would probably be marked "hidden" so unless you configure Windows Explorer in your VM to display them, it won't...

Thank you. I do have hidden files shown as a default. I think it has something to do with the fact that I was accessing the SD card through a VM. When I put it in a dedicated machine they were right there.

Everything is working "normally" now, but it is a little disappointing to see how crippled the SD interface is compared to the ipod one. Thanks again!