AVIC411.com

R.I.P. Roadshop 1/16/09

Heres the deal:

The chapter 11 deal fell through.

The board of directors turned down several (dozen or so) offers to buy the company. Apparently theyd rather pocket more money in the liquidation than let 34000 people keep their jobs.

Some stores closed instantly, others are taking up to about 2 months to sell off stock.

My gut feeling is that the liquidation company will keep open/sell off some stores a la KB Toys and Anne & Hope. These stores will stay open/reopen. My store would undoubtedly be one of these because 1) its the only one in RI, 2) its one of the top 20 stores in the country, and 3) the store actually breaks even on budget or makes a profit almost every single day

Ugh I hate when shit like this happens. More and more people are losing their jobs with not enough work to keep them all employed. I personally was a kitchen designer for a well known company around here, and the place fell under because of the way the economy is. Luckily I landed a job as an installer but the point remains.

I'm glad to see CC go but I really hate all these people ending up without a job especially since times are a little tough right now.

I don't know how people didn't see this coming. I mean their share value was $0.02 toward the end of the year.

I'm glad to see CC go

Why would you ever be glad?

-Lowest prices on technology

-Only helpful/knowledgeable sales staff in the big-box electronic world

-Best store warranty system

-Best support/installation team

Unless you actually like Best Buy, in which case I can say without a doubt that you are an idiot. Only idiots like stores staffed by only the mentally unfit. Add to that the tendency for Geek Squad to destroy or lose anything theyre given to repair, the over the top prices, and the poor product selection.

No need to lash out at Best Buy and their employees. The same can be said about any place, including ex circuit city employees.

Circuit has not turned a profit in several years, with the economy the way it is, that was just a nail in the coffin. Hopefully this will give a spike in business to Best Buy and all the little mom and pop shops.

I feal bad your losing your job, and hope everything works out for you as well as all the other employees. However, making excuses and bashing others will get you no where.

I'm neutral between BB and CC, as I bought from both places, but I feel CC had a better quality audio line than BB. The BB by me only carried Infinity Sony and Alpine while CC carried Kicker Pioneer Polk and more. But in BB's defense I bought my TV from there and they were very very informative and helpful. They even threw in a free TV calibration appointment.

I feal bad your losing your job, and hope everything works out for you as well as all the other employees. However, making excuses and bashing others will get you no where.

What I said has nothing to do with my current employer or the company's current situation. This is 100% prior to my employment.

I'm glad to see CC go

Why would you ever be glad?

-Lowest prices on technology

-Only helpful/knowledgeable sales staff in the big-box electronic world

-Best store warranty system

-Best support/installation team

Unless you actually like Best Buy, in which case I can say without a doubt that you are an idiot. Only idiots like stores staffed by only the mentally unfit. Add to that the tendency for Geek Squad to destroy or lose anything theyre given to repair, the over the top prices, and the poor product selection.

I think you just made yourself an idoit by assuming.

I felt indifferent about CC and I never shopped there. They were a dinosaur business and their time was up. They failed to adapt. I can't stand BB and I can't really say I've had a good experience there either. Also, if you take your crap to be "repaired" by the Nerd Heard then you are a sad little person. No offense to very few of those that work there and actually know what they are talking about.