AVIC411.com

R.I.P. Roadshop 1/16/09

I'm glad to see CC go

Why would you ever be glad?

-Lowest prices on technology

-Only helpful/knowledgeable sales staff in the big-box electronic world

-Best store warranty system

-Best support/installation team

Unless you actually like Best Buy, in which case I can say without a doubt that you are an idiot. Only idiots like stores staffed by only the mentally unfit. Add to that the tendency for Geek Squad to destroy or lose anything theyre given to repair, the over the top prices, and the poor product selection.

I think you just made yourself an idoit by assuming.

I felt indifferent about CC and I never shopped there. They were a dinosaur business and their time was up. They failed to adapt. I can't stand BB and I can't really say I've had a good experience there either. Also, if you take your crap to be "repaired" by the Nerd Heard then you are a sad little person. No offense to very few of those that work there and actually know what they are talking about.

I said unless. A modifier which means I was only calling you an idiot if you like BB, not if you dont.

Its an ignorant and selfish thing to wish bad on someone or something you have no experience with. Prejudice is not a becoming characteristic.

As for being a dinosaur business, not so. With the exception of the 150 stores closed in November that should have been closed at least a year before, the company makes a profit. Surely a sign of a business thats with the times, especially with the economy like it is. Add the better product range than most of the competition, and the competent, friendly, and generally knowledgeable staff, and overall CC had a lot going for it. The only problem was the greedy investors/board of directors. Otherwise the company would have toppled BB without a doubt.

The only problem was the greedy investors/board of directors.

So how does that make the company good?

Frankly I don't care. I have not bought crap in local store in few years because I've never had a good experience with any of them.

The only problem was the greedy investors/board of directors.

So how does that make the company good?

The company is great. Except those in power. Kinda how the US is a pretty damn nice country, but the people in charge for the past 8 years have been horrible.

I get your point :lol:

Well played sir.

I dont like to see anyone lose their job. But fuck CC and BB. They were the beginning of the end for a lot of independent shops when they came around and started whoring everything out. They sell stereos installed for like $10 over what we pay for them wholesale, just to get you in the door. How can a small shop compete with that? Im glad theyre gone and I hope BB follows them out the door. As for you guys who lose your jobs, dont worry, theres other work out there. My business went under, and i'm actually much happier at my new job.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sad to see CC simply because competition is good for everybody. But I can't say I'm surprised, their prices on movies were absurd, I don't think they took that market seriously and just hoped people might pick one up while there in the store for something else. Also I don't want to sign my receipt in ink and it doesn't need to be 15 feet long.