AVIC411.com

I just installed a Pioneer F700 in my stang replacing my shaker 500> i just have a question in regards to the rca's. Well I know the harness has a red and white rca lead..the white for the front subs and the red for the shaker 1000 trunk subs. Well I have seen how some guys use a Y adapter to hook the singke white rca to the dual lead, but what i did was just hooked up red to red and white to white..I know the red is not doing ne thing for me, but I was wondering if it was actually hurting my sytem in terms of performance and if hooking up a Y cable would be improving performance. Sorry if this is a little confusing, but some help would be great. Thanks

I think you need to look at your installation manual closer, page 14. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Stati ... al0520.pdf

Your unit should have three pair of RCA outs for connecting external amps. A pair for a Sub amp, a pair for a rear amp, and a pair for a front amp. Each of these pairs have a red and a white, these are left and right connections. Not sure why you're needing a Y connector.