AVIC411.com

I have one 40GB HD with my MUSIC... Yeah!

save your fustration and buy a ipod... 80gb ipod classic refurb off of apple store for $169

If i wanted an ipod id buy one. i dont want an ipod. overpriced garbage if you ask me. I jsut want a storage device. hmmm160gb drive for 60 or 80gb ipod for 170. tough decision lol

well you are buying a toshiba hard drive but the same that is in a ipod

I had a few 8gb memory cards that i used to play my mp3's on. It cuts off the last 2 seconds of a song and other issues.

I went with a 80gb ipod have 6,753 songs 2 full movies, 20 music videos and still have room plus the voice recognition from the f series is pretty cool if you can speak clearly at it. And the ipod menu on screen works great. Speed is awsome and it plays the whole song. Buy one off of flea bay with a bad battery for cheap and use it...

edit:

go buy a 32gb sdhc if you really want to boycott apple

well you are buying a toshiba hard drive but the same that is in a ipod

I had a few 8gb memory cards that i used to play my mp3's on. It cuts off the last 2 seconds of a song and other issues.

I went with a 80gb ipod have 6,753 songs 2 full movies, 20 music videos and still have room plus the voice recognition from the f series is pretty cool if you can speak clearly at it. And the ipod menu on screen works great. Speed is awsome and it plays the whole song. Buy one off of flea bay with a bad battery for cheap and use it...

edit:

go buy a 32gb sdhc if you really want to boycott apple

but your still paying 180 for 80gb vs 60 for 160gb. the math doesnt work out. my phone is my ipod/movie player. outdoes the iphone in performance and storage so i dont need another gadget to lug around.

i tried connecting my 2.5" Western Digital Passport Elite 320gb to the f900bt but it never worked, any idea?

If it takes a secondary power input, use that. I use a 320GB Buffalo with a secondary power going off of a cig. lighter to USB adapter and it works OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Just upgraded from FH-P8000BT to the F700. I used a 2.5" 40GB HDD on the P8000 and it worked fine without external power. About 20GB songs and it loaded in ~30 seconds. The F700 doesn't see the drive at all, even with external power (using enclosure's supplied Y cable to cig lighter adapter). A little frustrating. Guess I'll either try another HDD, go with a large SD card, or break down and join IPOD nation :) I suppose with video playback on the F700 the IPOD makes some sense....