AVIC411.com

Anyone tried to call XM and just complain about the cost?

Does retention give any kind of deals? i was on the $77 yearly plan, and I just was auto renewed for $150... I LOVE my XM, but $150 a year for radio is a bit steep. I'll probably keep it, just wondering if people ever get anywhere by calling to cancel and them offering a discount or something?

I just added XM plus best of Sirius for $167 for 2 years. I have multiple receivers so I think I get a discount but still, the price you mention is pretty high. I did cancel my account almost two years ago, they let me but I recieved an email a couple of months later offering a discount if I signed up for an annual account which I did. I'm not sure if the merger with Sirius takes away any leverage or not, my guess is that it does. Not much info there but I hope it helps a little.

I don't get SAT radio, but is roughly $10 a month really expensive?

Not really, but $12.50 vs $6.50 a month is worth asking the question and possibly making a phone call. Just wondering others experiences if there were any deals to be had.

How come you browse the XM forum if you don't have SAT radio, looking at getting it?

I don't get SAT radio, but is roughly $10 a month really expensive?

Not really, but $12.50 vs $6.50 a month is worth asking the question and possibly making a phone call. Just wondering others experiences if there were any deals to be had.

How come you browse the XM forum if you don't have SAT radio, looking at getting it?

I browse all the sections to contribute anything I can or ask a question. This thread just caught my interest in the recent forum activity.

No I'm not considering SAT radio, my iPod is my only source of music. I just didn't know how cheap/expensive XM is.