AVIC411.com

A way to flip the N3's switch without taking off the sticker

[b]
[color=red]**Edit**[/color]

Ok, I just gave this a shot and used a paper clip to push the switch to the right like shown in the picture. You can feel the switch slide over. It was really easy and took 2 mins. Make sure you take a good look at the picture so you know to slide it thru the top slot where the red line goes.
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/xecutioner1/avic_n_bypass_155.jpg[/img]

Any questions please let me know![/b]
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the stickers are different on the n2 and n3. Pioneer figured out we were heating them up so they tried to get slick and put out a different sticker. As far as the switch goes, I would think you should be able to also pull the switch back into position if you ever had to send it in for warranty work. I really wish I had an n3 that I could dick with. I am about positive this can be done. you will have to put a tiny L bend in the end like a very tiny hook. Probabbly after inserting the wire a short way in the slot you may have to bend it slightly to get the right reach. It would be like trying to unlock a car door. Someone who has as n3 needs to figure this out and make some jimmys. :roll:
  • 1 month later...
[b][u]HEY GUYS!!![/b][/u] I was able to move the switch over [b][i]without[/b][/i] peeling the sticker back. I'm a Critical Care Technician in New York so I took a Hypodermic needle and I bent it like in the picture and I felt the switch move perfectly!!!! I suggest everyone try this way first before peeling!
  • 2 weeks later...
Ok I have a stupid question, but I am installing my own AVIC-N3. When you say I need to ground the parking brake, do you mean connecting the Light Green wire from the display unit to the ground wire of the parking brake, using the wire tap(clamp) instead of connecting it to the power supply side of the parking brake? I want to make sure I do this correctly. Thanks!

xt07t