A way to flip the N3's switch without taking off the sticker

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got my N3 from Circuit City. I was really pissed off about the "safety feature" that disables the viewing of video and makes you put the parking break on. I found this site and found the ability to disable this "feature" however the technicians at CC told me that they had somebody else do it and the unit totally failed after two months. THey told me that by flipping the switch you are by-passing the gimbals on the Nav System and it can cause serious damage to the unit. Is this true???? I really like the unit. It has a great IPod Interface and a great XM interface. The Nav is aweasome except for the safety feature and there are some accuracy issues with the direction.

I also here a small motor running for a long perirod after start up of the unit. Is this normal?
I dont know what you mean by gimbals, but I have not had any adverse effects. I dont see why it would, being Pioneer designed that switch there themselves. People have actually had to solder two points together on the N1's and N2's to bypass the unit, and some people here have been using their bypassed units for years. I think Pioneer put the easy switch in the N3 to comply with federal law, but making it easy for the individual to bypass the unit themselves. Im guessing that when people realize how easy the bypass would be, they would want to purchase the N3, hence more sales for them.

As for the buzzing motor sound, I believe that is the DVD drive accessing the Nav disc.
The reason that Pioneer has built a bypass into every one of thier units is so they do not alienate the marine or RV community. I have a buddy at Pioneer service and apparently, ther will never be a complete lockout of any aftermarket unit they manufacture, just for that reason. OEM is a completely different story, though. Flipping the switch on an N3 is simply setting it to what he called a "marine and testing mode". Not every one of these units ends up in the dash of a soccer-mom's Expedition.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="mjt143"]I am currently selling these stickers on ebay. They are identical to the OEM in all ways. I have not had one complaint on these stickers and all buyers have been extremely happy. If you are interested, just do a search in ebay for AVIC N3 BYPASS Stickers DONT VOID YOUR WARRANTY[/quote]

I just bought one from you....i'll pay when i get off of work. I'll let the forum know how it is haha. Thanks.
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="DougB541"] [quote name="mjt143"]I am currently selling these stickers on ebay. They are identical to the OEM in all ways. I have not had one complaint on these stickers and all buyers have been extremely happy. If you are interested, just do a search in ebay for AVIC N3 BYPASS Stickers DONT VOID YOUR WARRANTY[/quote]

I just bought one from you....i'll pay when i get off of work. I'll let the forum know how it is haha. Thanks.[/quote]

Well how did my sticker work?
[quote name="mjt143"] [quote name="DougB541"] [quote name="mjt143"]I am currently selling these stickers on ebay. They are identical to the OEM in all ways. I have not had one complaint on these stickers and all buyers have been extremely happy. If you are interested, just do a search in ebay for AVIC N3 BYPASS Stickers DONT VOID YOUR WARRANTY[/quote]

I just bought one from you....i'll pay when i get off of work. I'll let the forum know how it is haha. Thanks.[/quote]

Well how did my sticker work?[/quote]

I didnt buy a sticker...I just flipped the switch without tearing off the sticker. Soprry but you've got me confused with the other post...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just wanted to say that this works perfectly. I went to an installer for some last minute tweaks because I was stuck. He got things working and said now, let's bypass this. I was like no no! I already did! and he said, but the stickers still on. I said I know, trust me I did already. he's like no way and frickin pulls off the sticker..... and then said "sh*t! how'd you do that!?!" told him I'm not telling since I told you not to pull off the sticker.

time for an ebay replacement sticker!
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I was having such a hard time getting a paperclip to push it over... mostly due to my impatience.. Its really wierd how this works, but I removed my deck from the brain and attempted the switch flip without it connected. I put it all back together... and video worked great going up to 70 down the street. So i went back to my house, put the dash all back together, and flaunted the new system setup and showed friends... The only thing I noticed awkward was the GPS was in NY, NY... Funny, how I live in Indianapolis, IN? After awhile it had time to calibrate, but immediatly after calibration, NO MORE VIDEO AGAIN! I didnt get it? So I took the dash back apart, and didnt unplug the brain this time... and attempted to flip the switch thinking I never really flipped it the first time, but could not get it to flip. After 20 minutes, I gave up... broke the void sticker and attempted to flip the switch. To my dismay, the switch was flipped! I flipped it back to stock... and then again to the bypass... (all the while, connected to the brain) and put it all back together, and dash together... GPS recalibrated itself this time, and VIDEO WORKING SEEMLESSLY!

I am not sure why this occured, but its possible the unit must remain connected to the brain? Good luck to anyone else... Much better than soldering wires... :)