AVIC411.com

A way to flip the N3's switch without taking off the sticker

[quote name="skitt69"]ok...is there any way to bypass without flipping that switch? I read somewhere else just to run the parking brake wire to a powered switch so you can just flip it on and off. Has anyone heard of that...i really dont want to mess up the deck[/quote]

hey guys i too am wondering if theirs any way of bypassing the N3 other then fliping the switch and if their is what are those options? i tried already grounding the parking wire (light green) but it didnt do it so i guess i need flip switch? also how do i gain acess to the switch on the unit say after i get it out of the deck how to i gain acess?
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running the parking brake wire to a toggle switch is just so you can turn the feature on and off. You still must flip the switch on the N3 headunit also. It is real easy to do. Why would you not want to try it? All it would cost you extra is one small paperclip :)
i dont mind trying it i just want to see if theirs an easier way. ok so now i already grounded the e brake wire now all i do is flip the switch and that it ? no other toggle switches? and fianly how do i acess the switch on the unit once i remove it from the deck?
[quote name="PaisanNYC"]I guess you didnt read the first post in this thread and showing you the picture where to insert the paperclip to push the switch, eh? :lol:[/quote]
no i did but what i mean is what i have to do to gain acess to the sticker? i only know that you have to remove the faceplate from there some screws (which 1s ?) then what?

fianly let me get this stright do i just ground the wire and flip the switch? because i just read that you said about making an addtional switch?
[quote name="gus738"]no i did but what i mean is what i have to do to gain acess to the sticker? i only know that you have to remove the faceplate from there some screws (which 1s ?) then what?[/quote]
No need to remove the faceplate. Just remove the 4 screws around the headunit (if it is installed, you have to pop out the trim ring first), the slide the head unit out, and flip it over. You will see where the silver VOID label is in relation to the big white Pioneer sticker as in the pic in the first post.

[quote name="gus738"]fianly let me get this stright do i just ground the wire and flip the switch? because i just read that you said about making an addtional switch?[/quote]
Nope. No need for a switch. Simplest solution is just ground the gree p-brake wire and flip the N3's switch. thats it.
  • 1 month later...
I had a quick question----- when i had my N3 installed they set me unit to a switch so that it tricks the car into thinking the brake is on----only problem is then the GPS wont work---- so i can watch a DVD and use the navigation to get someplace------ if i use this paperclip trick will it mess with my GPS or does it not effect it at all---- i do alot of driving and i'd b lost without proper gps
  • 2 weeks later...